Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is Community Builder Right For Me?

12 years 8 months ago #191300 by rhettbr2004
Is Community Builder Right For Me? was created by rhettbr2004
Hi all!

For the last few weeks, I have been working on a business-to-business social networking site using Joomla 1.5.

Right now, I am trying figure out if CB can accomplish all or some of the social networking functions I need to implement.

Let me present the layout...

There are two types of registration, registered user and registered vendor. A registered user can search, comment and rate vendors on the site (provided by a template db I have provided), and the user also has the ability (much like Yelp) to add a vendor and rate it... So the vendor in essence would have a "shell" listing with just their name and some searchable metadata without having to register to the site.

Once the vendor has registered, they have the ability to edit the template "shell" provided (either added by admin or user) and create a full profile. This "full profile" needs to be searchable JUST LIKE any other entry in the database, and overwrite the old "shell" listing.

There will be some other functions included, but since this is the main function of the site, I need to make sure it runs smoothly. Any ideas?

Thanks for the input everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon