Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Assigning New Users with Auto Action & Codes?

• vjbeng
  • vjbeng
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #192577 by vjbeng
hi everyone,

My aim is to give automatically new users access to appropriate downloads. I consider using CB + Auto Action for this. Is it possible, easy ? or is there a better way to do this ?

Let say, I provide by email a "code" to 50 users. I tell them to register on our site, and to enter the code at the registration step. It would assign them to specific groups with access to specific entries on the site. Clear ?

a bit like
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18237-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

Thanks for help,
Adrien

PS : I come back to CB after a long time not using it. It seems fresher & clearer than before, great job !
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by vjbeng.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #192588 by krileon
Yes that's possible assuming you're on J1.7+ and just giving them a new usergroup as latest CB Auto Actions allows adding/removing usergroups to a user. The conditional check with check the field to ensure the code was correct. It won't limit the number of users that use it however so you'll need CB Query Field to calculate how many times it has been used then also use that in the condition to ensure it doesn't surpass 50 (you can have unlimited conditions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vjbeng
  • vjbeng
12 years 7 months ago #192595 by vjbeng
HI Krileon,
thx for thunderlight fast reply :)

Sorry, I'm on J2.5. I used to do access coding with JUGA on J1.5, but Juga doesn't update, and it is a good occasion to offer the other CB features to the site ;)

How handy is it to implement ? Do i need any programing skills ? Or just a configuration of the plugin ?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #192597 by krileon

Sorry, I'm on J2.5

It'll work fine then. J1.7+ includes J2.5, basically same APIs.

How handy is it to implement ? Do i need any programing skills ? Or just a configuration of the plugin ?

Zero coding needed. Just install through CB > Plugin Management then configure the auto action. However, you may want to be aware of the below current bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3307

The above is only an issue if you use after registration for example, but if you use after login for example it'll work fine. Will hopefully have a new release by end of this week which will resolve the bug of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• vjbeng
  • vjbeng
12 years 7 months ago #192601 by vjbeng
just great. thks Krileon, i'll take a pro membership within days.
Adrien

Moderators: beatnantkrileon