Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Will Community Builder work for this project?

• nhill132
  • nhill132
12 years 6 months ago #197884 by nhill132
I want to build a site that features a group of "talent" users, who record voice over readings of customer scripts. The site will connect talent to the customers. The "talent" will have a profile page and customers will be able to browse the profile pages of the talent, listen to samples of their voices, and then create a project and upload a script that will be recorded by the talent.

Each project will be a separate order, which will have an order number, billing info, chosen talent, an upload field for text or audio files.

I need a page that will list past projects and basic info for each of the talent users, a customer account page with customer info.
I also need pages that the talent will see when they login that shows new customer orders and presents information about the project, including the script and the customer information.

I need to know if Community Builder can help me with this project and if it will be able to handle the functionality I need to develop into the site. Please help.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 months ago #197919 by nant

nhill132 wrote: I want to build a site that features a group of "talent" users, who record voice over readings of customer scripts. The site will connect talent to the customers. The "talent" will have a profile page and customers will be able to browse the profile pages of the talent, listen to samples of their voices, and then create a project and upload a script that will be recorded by the talent.

You can use CB/CBSubs to create a site that has talent and customer subscriptions.
You can also use CB Profile Gallery to allow talent subscribers to upload media samples of their work.

You can use CBSubs protection to not allow talent subscribers to see Gallery tabs of other talent subscribers and only customer subscribers can see all talent gallery tabs.

Each project will be a separate order, which will have an order number, billing info, chosen talent, an upload field for text or audio files.

GroupJive can be used by customer subscribers to create new "project" groups that can be by invitation only. This way only invited talent will be able to see project data.

I need a page that will list past projects and basic info for each of the talent users, a customer account page with customer info.

I guess that Groups tab of each talent will have all groups (the talent has participated in) listed in it.

I also need pages that the talent will see when they login that shows new customer orders and presents information about the project, including the script and the customer information.

I talent can see all groups in groupjive. Not sure this is enough for your use case.

I need to know if Community Builder can help me with this project and if it will be able to handle the functionality I need to develop into the site. Please help.

Thanks

I have outlined existing features available.
I am not sure that you can fully customize everything. You might need to develop specific code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon