Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscribe to publish

• lausianne
  • lausianne
12 years 5 months ago #198581 by lausianne
Subscribe to publish was created by lausianne
I have an application where clients pay a subscription fee in order to publish their content. So it's the opposite of the usual: subscribing to access.
Is that possible with CBSubs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lausianne
  • lausianne
12 years 4 months ago #202499 by lausianne
Replied by lausianne on topic Re: Subscribe to publish
Hi again, I'd still be interested in this functionality ... anyone reading these posts?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #202515 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Subscribe to publish

lausianne wrote: I have an application where clients pay a subscription fee in order to publish their content. So it's the opposite of the usual: subscribing to access.
Is that possible with CBSubs?

Sorry for missing your post.

With CBSubs you can protect any Joomla content element and require a subscription for access.
You can also put subscribers in specific Joomla ACL groups.

So for example you can protect an article submission menu where users submit content and you can also place users in an Author group.

• lausianne
  • lausianne
12 years 4 months ago #202529 by lausianne
Replied by lausianne on topic Re: Subscribe to publish
Thanks Nick. So it is all user based, as usual. I.e. I can control who can publish and who can access/view. But I cannot control content directly. I.e. that content is only published (publicly available) while the author has a subscription.

That seems to be quite a market niche. There are so many subscription extensions, but none that can control content. I have modified Akeeba Subscriptions to do this, but I'd rather have an extension that has it already built in ...

And especially within CB I thought it would make sense, for example to be able to give blog authors the possibility to publish their blog as long as they have a subscription. Subscription runs out, blog is unpublished. But then, it should be fairly easy to write a plugin that checks an author's subscription status. Maybe I'll try that.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #202545 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Subscribe to publish
You can use CBSubs SQL actions to execute a script when subscription ends to unpublish all articles of the user.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202559 by wdburgdorf
Replied by wdburgdorf on topic Re: Subscribe to publish
That is exactly what I have done with Akeeba Subscriptions ... so maybe that's the way to go after all. Good to know this is possible with CBSubs, too.

(to avoid confusion: I opened a new account with a new name replacing "lausianne")
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by wdburgdorf.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon