Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade Membership questions

• ash_in99
  • ash_in99
12 years 5 months ago #198854 by ash_in99
Upgrade Membership questions was created by ash_in99
Before buying I like to enquire about few things...

a) Currently I am using CB free version. When i upgrade to the paid member then I have to change/uninstall the current version or is this upgradable with paid membership.

b) CB Blog 3.0 allowed the users to show the latest blog postings on the homepage, as module is available?

c) There is any good gallery CB plugin which allow to upload and view the images like on facebook?

d) Can we use the template Facebook connect for facebook login, will that work properly or compulsory to use CB Facebook Connect?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #198857 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade Membership questions

ash_in99 wrote: Before buying I like to enquire about few things...

a) Currently I am using CB free version. When i upgrade to the paid member then I have to change/uninstall the current version or is this upgradable with paid membership.

There is only 1 Community Builder version - the free one.

b) CB Blog 3.0 allowed the users to show the latest blog postings on the homepage, as module is available?

If you store blogs as Joomla articles you can use the Joomla latest articles module to do this.

c) There is any good gallery CB plugin which allow to upload and view the images like on facebook?

CB Gallery plugin is available buts its not like the facebook one.

d) Can we use the template Facebook connect for facebook login, will that work properly or compulsory to use CB Facebook Connect?

I do not understand what you mean by template here.

• ash_in99
  • ash_in99
12 years 5 months ago #198858 by ash_in99
Replied by ash_in99 on topic Re: Upgrade Membership questions
1. Actually, I don't like the CB Gallery plugin from screenshot, so there is any other gallery plugin in Incubator plug-ins or third party plugin which looks and works great with CB. Any recommendations?

2. I am using Gavick.com template and those are using login through Facebook module, can I still use that module for login through facebook.. in place of CB Facebook Connect? There will be any compatibility issues?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #198861 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upgrade Membership questions

ash_in99 wrote: 1. Actually, I don't like the CB Gallery plugin from screenshot, so there is any other gallery plugin in Incubator plug-ins or third party plugin which looks and works great with CB. Any recommendations?

There are many full blown gallery extensions on Joomla directory - most have CB integration. I have no recommendation though as I have no hands on experience.

2. I am using Gavick.com template and those are using login through Facebook module, can I still use that module for login through facebook.. in place of CB Facebook Connect? There will be any compatibility issues?

The CB Facebook connect plugin integrates with the CB Login module only.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon