Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registr Page: "You are not authorized to view ..."

• deonholt
  • deonholt
12 years 5 months ago #200786 by deonholt
Hi there and thank you for your help. I am brand new to CB after being advised that it will work best for my after posting on the Joomla! support forum.

My questions is related to my own trial & test site: www.learnjoomlah.co.za

I have installed everything according to the accompanying readme.txt file. For now I 1st want to try out a basic: register, login, logout, profile page/module. My 1st hurdle is that when I want to register, I get a message that I am not authorised to view the page. Why is that. Page permission is set to "Public". Why can this be?

Secondly, before I buy something, I need to know: Is it possible that registered users can read private messages sent to them?

If you need to access my admin side, please let me know; I will send you the login details since this is only my site for learning & trying out components.

Best regards,
Deon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 5 months ago #200788 by nant

deonholt wrote: Hi there and thank you for your help. I am brand new to CB after being advised that it will work best for my after posting on the Joomla! support forum.

My questions is related to my own trial & test site: www.learnjoomlah.co.za

I have installed everything according to the accompanying readme.txt file. For now I 1st want to try out a basic: register, login, logout, profile page/module. My 1st hurdle is that when I want to register, I get a message that I am not authorised to view the page. Why is that. Page permission is set to "Public". Why can this be?

Secondly, before I buy something, I need to know: Is it possible that registered users can read private messages sent to them?

If you need to access my admin side, please let me know; I will send you the login details since this is only my site for learning & trying out components.

Best regards,
Deon

Hi and welcome to our forums.

You posted on the presales forum area - this area is used to post questions about our products, membership palns ( www.joomlapolis.com/memberships ), CBSubs, etc.

It is not a free support forum posting area.

For free community driven support please post your issue here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general

and a community member hopefully will reply (make sure you make things easy for people to help you - simple things like posting your Joomla and CB versions, etc. will help).

Regarding your presales question - to send private message you need a PM extensions like uddeIM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon