Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Registration, Profile, Listings and Groupings

• jay.jose
  • jay.jose
12 years 4 months ago #202519 by jay.jose
Hi,

I have played around CB (free, no add-ons whatsoever) a little and have a few questions if what I would like to do is possible, and if needed, what add-ons/extensions/plugins are needed to accomplish what I would like to do.

1. I don't need payment subscriptions but would need to have different registration form for different type of users. Example is organization registration form has different sets of fields than individual registration form.

2. Hide field option for user. Example, user being able to hide his/her date-of-birth publicly and/or from other users.

3. I would like to create a menu like item to browse user lists, grouping them based on certain fields, for example, by location. Top menu would be country, would list all country of all registered organization and maybe a quick count of all organization in each country. Selecting a country would list all state/province and count. Followed by city/town and count, the lastly, list of organization on that selected city/town. More like a drill down list. Also, if possible, to list all organization in any of the items by clicking on the count (example would be clicking on the count on state/province would list all organization under the selected state/province)

4. Moderate all articles, messages, comments, etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 4 months ago #202528 by nant

jay.jose wrote: Hi,

1. I don't need payment subscriptions but would need to have different registration form for different type of users. Example is organization registration form has different sets of fields than individual registration form.

You can do this with CBSubs (a subscription can be free) or with CB COnditionals (Pro membership needed).

2. Hide field option for user. Example, user being able to hide his/her date-of-birth publicly and/or from other users.

This can be done with CB Privacy.

3. I would like to create a menu like item to browse user lists, grouping them based on certain fields, for example, by location. Top menu would be country, would list all country of all registered organization and maybe a quick count of all organization in each country. Selecting a country would list all state/province and count. Followed by city/town and count, the lastly, list of organization on that selected city/town. More like a drill down list. Also, if possible, to list all organization in any of the items by clicking on the count (example would be clicking on the count on state/province would list all organization under the selected state/province)

There are no subgrouping lists feature.

You can create a single list grouped (filtered) by a specific country field value.

You can also allow the user to search all users in a specific country (and search will give you a count).

4. Moderate all articles, messages, comments, etc...

Artciles are handled by Joomla (or K2).
Messages by uddeIM (?).
For comments you need 3PD extension.

• jay.jose
  • jay.jose
12 years 4 months ago #202569 by jay.jose
Thanks for all the info

• jay.jose
  • jay.jose
12 years 3 months ago #203226 by jay.jose

nant wrote:
You can do this with CBSubs (a subscription can be free) or with CB COnditionals (Pro membership needed).

A follow-up question, please correct me if I'm wrong. With CBSubs, you can have different sets of fields for each user/subscription type and even in their profile (public view/edit/update), it will only show fields that are assigned to that user/subscription type. With CB Conditionals, it will only hide fields during registration but the fields will still be visible on their profile (public view/edit/update)?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #203244 by nant
both CBSubs and CB Conditional can be configured to do this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon