Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Conditional plugin, re activating my membership

• burgos
  • burgos
  • Add-ons
12 years 3 months ago #204891 by burgos
Hi, I have been thinking about reactivating my membership and go one step further and get a "professional" one, but first here is a question about what I need to do, and I need to know if CB conditional plugin or any other plugin would help me achieve it.

I have a field with 3 countries: USA, Canada, France, it is a drop down.
The next field would be a "State" field, that should display the states for the proper country, eg. if USA is chosen in the first dropdown, the second one should display a list of USA states.

For what I know about CB Conditional, it would allow me to configure my drop down "Country" field to check for "USA" and in such case show "USA_States" drop down field.

Now, how would I do to display "State" fields for the other two countries? Canada and France? Am I missing something about the plugin? would it allow me to set 3 conditions in the backend, so if country is USA it shows USA States, if country is France it shows France States, etc.

If CB Conditional won't be enough to make this nested dropdown work, is there any other plugin in the incubator, or professional membership that I could use to achieve what I need?

Thank you,
TB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204892 by nant

burgos wrote: Hi, I have been thinking about reactivating my membership and go one step further and get a "professional" one, but first here is a question about what I need to do, and I need to know if CB conditional plugin or any other plugin would help me achieve it.

I have a field with 3 countries: USA, Canada, France, it is a drop down.
The next field would be a "State" field, that should display the states for the proper country, eg. if USA is chosen in the first dropdown, the second one should display a list of USA states.

For what I know about CB Conditional, it would allow me to configure my drop down "Country" field to check for "USA" and in such case show "USA_States" drop down field.

Correct

Now, how would I do to display "State" fields for the other two countries? Canada and France? Am I missing something about the plugin? would it allow me to set 3 conditions in the backend, so if country is USA it shows USA States, if country is France it shows France States, etc.

Just create the 2 additional Canada-states and France-states drop-down fields and make them appear only if the first country field value is Canada for Canada-states and France for France-states.

• burgos
  • burgos
  • Add-ons
12 years 3 months ago #204894 by burgos
Hi Nick, thanks for your fast reply.

However, I'm still confused... I know I can create the other two drop-downs fields, one for Canada and one for France, but how do I setup the "Country" field to select the proper one? I have only one Country Field, and I would have 3 States dropdowns, one for each country.

So, my question is, would CB conditional allow me to say with the Country field: If Country = USA display USA-States, if Country = Canada, display Canada-States and if Country = France, display France-States. I will have only one Country field.

Could I do that triple comparison within the country field using CB Conditional? That's my real question. Thanks again.

TB

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 months ago #204895 by nant
You configure each states field to only appear if the country field has he specific country selected.

• burgos
  • burgos
  • Add-ons
12 years 3 months ago #204897 by burgos
Thanks, since I don't know the plugin, I was confused, but it makes sense... I just discovered now you sell single plugins, nice, that's very convenient. I may get the single plugin. Thanks again and bye for now.

• burgos
  • burgos
  • Add-ons
12 years 3 months ago #204899 by burgos
Sorry about this, but I still have a little doubt. I have been looking at the CB Conditional Plugin video ( www.joomlapolis.com/cb-conditional-short-review ) and at the beginning there's a screenshot that shows how to display US States based on the Country (USA), I don't see how I could do what you suggested me on a previous email, unless the plugin version in the video is obsolete.

You said "You configure each states field to only appear if the country field has he specific country selected." it doesn't seem like that's possible in the video screen capture, because the plugin configuration reads "If field is..." then I understand that means the own's field value, not another field's value. So, if I decide to configure "USA-States" field, could I setup something like "If "Country" field is equal to France hide me" ?? from within USA_States field?

Again, and thank you very much for your time. I'm almost ready to buy, but I want to be sure this will work and also, please tell me if the version in the video is different than the one for CB 1.8.1, does the new one comes with more option so that I can check another field's value and based on such value, hide the own field?

Thanks again.

TB

Moderators: beatnantkrileon