Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Recommendation letter?

• ftarquini
  • ftarquini
12 years 2 months ago #206492 by ftarquini
Recommendation letter? was created by ftarquini
Is there any plugin or any way to get a sort of online recommendation letter with CB?

I'm trying to create a form where applicants (students) enter the email address of their referees. The referee receives an automatic email message asking them to click on a link and fill in a form where they can answer questions or just write down their opinion about that student... What the referee submits should not be visible to the applicant.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ftarquini
  • ftarquini
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206610 by ftarquini
Replied by ftarquini on topic Re: Recommendation letter?
If this is to complex to carry out, can I just let the referee fill in a field in a tab (let's call it "reference letter") in the student's profile? So, in other words, can a user be enabled to fill in another user's tab or field?

I was also thinking about creating a form with a free component (e.g. Fabrik) to be used by referees only, but I still don't know how to merge the reference letter they will have written in a Fabrik field with the fields in the student's CB profile
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ftarquini.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #206615 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Recommendation letter?

ftarquini wrote: Is there any plugin or any way to get a sort of online recommendation letter with CB?

I'm trying to create a form where applicants (students) enter the email address of their referees. The referee receives an automatic email message asking them to click on a link and fill in a form where they can answer questions or just write down their opinion about that student... What the referee submits should not be visible to the applicant.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I have not seen such a plugin but it can be created of course.

• thiagocs
  • thiagocs
12 years 2 months ago #206618 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: Recommendation letter?
U can use tabs on cb condition, for professional users.
In their tabs u can create many fields u want it, and your letter to send for e-mail, can be send it by your CB configuration if have only text, or html too, and u will be use this like a marketing mail.

• ftarquini
  • ftarquini
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206777 by ftarquini
Replied by ftarquini on topic Re: Recommendation letter?

thiagocs wrote: U can use tabs on cb condition, for professional users.
In their tabs u can create many fields u want it, and your letter to send for e-mail, can be send it by your CB configuration if have only text, or html too, and u will be use this like a marketing mail.

Thank you. But what the referee writes should only be be stored in the db to be later evaluated by a committee, not sent to the student as an email message. Students should not be allowed to read the reference letter they have received.

At the moment I've installed the multi registration plugin, asking the referee to register at our site and fill in only an editor field called "reference letter". Then, using some sql code (btw, I'm pretty newbie) I've managed to copy this content to the student's profile into a field called "reference letter 1". But I'm now I'm stuck, because each student needs to have 2 reference letters and I don't know how to distinguish them with the sql command... For sure I need to study some basic mysql.

I was also considering using the profile wall I've seen on my profile here on Joomlapolis. This could have been an easy solution: referee1 is invited to visit his student's profile and write something on his wall. But I don't want referee2 to read what referee1 wrote on the guestbook. So I'm stuck again.

It seems like I need to pay someone to create a plugin for this. Would joomlapolis staff be interested? Who should I contact?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ftarquini.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #206798 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Recommendation letter?

ftarquini wrote:

thiagocs wrote: It seems like I need to pay someone to create a plugin for this. Would joomlapolis staff be interested? Who should I contact?

Thanks

Unfortunately we do not take on such tasks.

You can find a dev on Joomlancers - hope you can contribute solution back to community.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ftarquini

Moderators: beatnantkrileon