Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How powerful is CB and can I modify it?

• tommy290
  • tommy290
12 years 2 months ago #206499 by tommy290
How powerful is CB and can I modify it? was created by tommy290
Community Builder is immensely popular from what I can see. I'm starting a new website and think it might have some tool, but so far I'm just not doing something right. It doesn't seem to be adding much to my website.

For example, is there any way to change the profile page? Kunena has a profile page with buttons/icons for Facebook, Twitter, etc. CB doesn't seem to have that, but it would be useful. Also, Kunena has forum ranks with icons. CB shows the rank but not the icon (in fact on my site it shows the rank twice???).

What if I wanted to create my own special page of information? For example, so members could input their Friend Code from various online multiplayer video games? Can CB be used to create stuff like that?

I know I'm asking about a lot of different things, but I'd simply like to know what CB is capable of and whether a regular user can do those things (i.e. not a web programmer).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tommy290
  • tommy290
12 years 1 week ago #211840 by tommy290
Replied by tommy290 on topic Re: How powerful is CB and can I modify it?
No one knows any answers? Seems a little lax for a Presales forum.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #211853 by nant

tommy290 wrote: No one knows any answers? Seems a little lax for a Presales forum.

Sorry for delay - totally missed this one.

Community Builder is immensely popular from what I can see. I'm starting a new website and think it might have some tool, but so far I'm just not doing something right. It doesn't seem to be adding much to my website.

Not really a presales question..
You can check the nice free tutorials we have on the Support -> Tutorials -> Picture-books area above.

You can also become an Advanced or Professional member and get access to detailed documentation, more add-ons and support.

More about membership here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership

For example, is there any way to change the profile page? Kunena has a profile page with buttons/icons for Facebook, Twitter, etc. CB doesn't seem to have that, but it would be useful. Also, Kunena has forum ranks with icons. CB shows the rank but not the icon (in fact on my site it shows the rank twice???).

Also a support/usage question.
You can create CB fields (website type) in your user profiles to display facebook, twitter, etc. URLs if you want.

Rank twice - means that something is wrong with your installation.
Also make sure you always have the latest CB/Kunena versions installed.

What if I wanted to create my own special page of information? For example, so members could input their Friend Code from various online multiplayer video games? Can CB be used to create stuff like that?

Yes, you can create a CB Tab that has specific CB fields for these.

I know I'm asking about a lot of different things, but I'd simply like to know what CB is capable of and whether a regular user can do those things (i.e. not a web programmer).

CB can do these things - you would need to configure it. Adding CB fields and CB Tabs.
No programming is needed.

Your options here are: continue to experiment with CB by creating fields and seeing how they work on your profiles. It is not difficult.

If you want to speed things up on your learning curve you can upgrade your membership, get more add-ons and detailed CB documentation and have access to great support forums if and when needed.

Sorry again for delay in responding.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon