Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Expensive when spelled out for CBSubs

• sntit
  • sntit
12 years 2 months ago #206737 by sntit
I keep debating on rather or not this product is worth it and haven't been told a single thing to persuade me. The fact that there are extras that the competition doesn't have is great but the bottom line is it seems we're expected to pay a lot more.
We have to pay...

1. Every year we use the product
2. Per website
3. Per users we have
4. Any extra plugins/extensions

I'm new to Joomla however every product I've bought so far has been unlimited sites, certainly not limiting how many users one can using the particular program, and no paying between "gap years" aka years you do not pay for the product or service.

The limitation also is a bit concerning as my clients seem to like to have a great deal of customization yet Ioncube keeps people from messing with any PHP thus making it impossible to change anything other than the basics.

I'm not attacking anyone in any way but rather looking for explanations to these concerns. I'm truly trying to make this product work for my clients especially after spending over 30 hours learning everything then configuring it all however the cost seems to be overkill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 2 months ago #206773 by beat
Hi sntit,

Thank you for your feedback and point of view that we fully respect and completely take as a constructive feedback.

We have put in place this pricing structure after a long public thread on this forum a few years ago, where we collected feedbacks on pricing and where community members showed that they prefer to pay upfront for their use, instead of afterwards on a per-use base, but still have a moderate price when starting.

By choosing the options, you can get an unlimited users, lifetime license for each customer site, which could be considered as being the "regular/list" price, which is still very affordable for any E-commerce site providing livelihood for one or more persons, and can be considered as unexpensive, when compared to any professional web-E-commerce solution, even if CBSubs offers considerably more features, specially in areas that help increase dramatically E-commerce turnover (e.g. marketing mails, complex conditional promotions, auto-recurring payments, social marketing and so on).

As that price can be too steep for smaller E-commerce side-businesses, we have made the lower options, that can be considered as a discount to make the price even easier, with possibility to upgrade later at just the price-difference.

At 20% per maintenance year, CBSubs pricing is way cheaper than the usual 100% price per maintenance year of most solutions on the market. Additionally, we offer lifetime-maintenance at a very reasonable price, which most solutions don't offer.

CBSubs 2.0.2 has addressed the extensibility issue for Developer members, by providing not only sample source-code under the GPL but also API documentation for integration plugins and payment gateways.

That said, we do value your feedback and understand it too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon