Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Questions about CBSubs and Groups

• Bcoleman
  • Bcoleman
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206881 by Bcoleman
Questions about CBSubs and Groups was created by Bcoleman
I have been using CB for many years and really love it. I have a customer who is in the education arena and would like me to do the following.

They have a website that currently uses CB 1.8 and want the following:

1. A "Video Section and a Picture Section" for "Educators/Teachers" and a section for "Students/Parents" and then maybe a "Public Section". Within CB can I create these sections then restrict access to them based on the type of subscription?
  2. A "Forum" for the same situation described above.... Teachers having access to only Teacher forum, Students/Parents to their designated forum. Can this be accomplished?

3. Does CB offer the ability to ensure a specific user is only logged in from one computer at one time?
  4. Any analytics for user activity available via CB? Or just use Google Analytics?
  5. Is there any way we can test out some of the CB Options prior to purchasing them? GroupJive, CBSubs, etc....to ensure it would function the way we want prior to purchasing?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Bcoleman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 months ago #206935 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Questions about CBSubs and Groups

Bcoleman wrote: I have been using CB for many years and really love it. I have a customer who is in the education arena and would like me to do the following.

Great - please consider posting a review on the JED here:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/communities/210

They have a website that currently uses CB 1.8 and want the following:

A "Video Section and a Picture Section" for "Educators/Teachers" and a section for "Students/Parents" and then maybe a "Public Section". Within CB can I create these sections then restrict access to them based on the type of subscription?

If by section you mean Joomla articles section/category, then with CBSubs you can protect such content and show it based on CBSubs plan subscription (so teachers section would need teacher subscription for viewing, etc).

A "Forum" for the same situation described above.... Teachers having access to only Teacher forum, Students/Parents to their designated forum. Can this be accomplished?

CBSubs URL protection can by used for this with Kunena - see our Professional forums on this site and try to make a posting there to see the effect.

Does CB offer the ability to ensure a specific user is only logged in from one computer at one time?

Nope - and neither does Joomla - perhaps there is a plugin on the JED that does this.

Any analytics for user activity available via CB? Or just use Google Analytics?

CBSubs has integration support for Googleanalytics and also for piwik.

Is there any way we can test out some of the CB Options prior to purchasing them? GroupJive, CBSubs, etc....to ensure it would function the way we want prior to purchasing

CBSubs has a 30 day no questions asked refund policy for first time purchasers - so you can test risk free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon