Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Possible to limit access to profiles based on year

• teachy
  • teachy
12 years 1 month ago #208652 by teachy
A customer is requesting me to build a school aniversary website where current and old students can create profiles, post messages, photoalbums and read articles posted by members. My customers wants everyone to be able to view other users profile, stories and photo's but only 2 years up and 2 years down. So someone who belongs tot school year 2008 - 2009 can only view profiles between 2007 to 2011 Someone who belongs to a school year 1970 -1971 can only view other profiles between 1968 and 1973.

Is this possible with CB or if not can this be customized?

If possible, which subscription should I take?

Thanks in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• teachy
  • teachy
12 years 1 month ago #209003 by teachy

teachy wrote: A customer is requesting me to build a school aniversary website where current and old students can create profiles, post messages, photoalbums and read articles posted by members. My customers wants everyone to be able to view other users profile, stories and photo's but only 2 years up and 2 years down. So someone who belongs tot school year 2008 - 2009 can only view profiles between 2007 to 2011 Someone who belongs to a school year 1970 -1971 can only view other profiles between 1968 and 1973.

Thanks in advance...

Given the fact that no response has been given...and this is the pre-sales section, I am just assuming that it's not possible.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #209005 by nant

teachy wrote: A customer is requesting me to build a school aniversary website where current and old students can create profiles, post messages, photoalbums and read articles posted by members. My customers wants everyone to be able to view other users profile, stories and photo's but only 2 years up and 2 years down. So someone who belongs tot school year 2008 - 2009 can only view profiles between 2007 to 2011 Someone who belongs to a school year 1970 -1971 can only view other profiles between 1968 and 1973.

Thanks in advance...

Sorry for the delay.

There is no profile viewing restriction in CB.

With CBSubs you can configure individual fields or entire tabs to be only viewable by people with specific subscriptions.

So one way would be to create CBSubs subscription plans for each year and add users to relevant plan (CBSubs import can be used here) and then configure the relevant profile information to be viewable by the relevant subscription plans.

That's the only thing I can propose.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon