Skip to Content Skip to Menu

show content based on user fields

• ahmedk7
  • ahmedk7
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #208656 by ahmedk7
show content based on user fields was created by ahmedk7
hi

is it possible to use community builder to show content to specific users based on fields?

thank you
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ahmedk7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #208660 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: show content based on user fields

ahmedk7 wrote: hi

is it possible to use community builder to show content to specific users based on fields?

thank you

Yes.

There are a few solutions.

One is CBSubs - you can configure that only specific plan subsribers can see specific joomla content.

Another is the CB COntent bot - you would need to use cb substitutions to conditionally show article content based on viewer.

Both are commercial.

CBSubs needs a license purchase per site and the CB Content bot is part of the Professional membership.

This tutorial will give you a better understanding:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18240-time-released-subscription-content-solution
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by nant.

• ahmedk7
  • ahmedk7
12 years 1 month ago #208672 by ahmedk7
Replied by ahmedk7 on topic Re: show content based on user fields
thank you for your reply

can I see a demo for CB COntent bot ? or try it online? will i have to type in the content sytax so this part of text is enabled to users who have these fields? and the content will be show to these users? and then i can manage users fields from backend like add delete these fields?

thank you.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #208681 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: show content based on user fields

ahmedk7 wrote: thank you for your reply

can I see a demo for CB COntent bot ? or try it online? will i have to type in the content sytax so this part of text is enabled to users who have these fields? and the content will be show to these users? and then i can manage users fields from backend like add delete these fields?

thank you.

You can see it in action on this page:

www.joomlapolis.com/promotions

We are using the CB Content bot on this page to show coupon codes only to paid members - if you view it and are not a paid member (means you do not have a specific value in a CB field) we will not see the codes.

Yes the actual CB fields can be managed by backend for each user (CB User Manager).

• ahmedk7
  • ahmedk7
12 years 1 month ago #208897 by ahmedk7
Replied by ahmedk7 on topic Re: show content based on user fields
can I let the users select from available fields and saved to their profiles and manage these fields from backend ,and a module to display each user fields which was selected?

can I have fields limit for user groups ?

as I have a subscribtion system but i need to let users select stocks after subscription and show only stock content to each user who has his own fields.

is it possible with community builder?

cause i cant find more info about this field feature or full documentaion and no online backend demo to see it or test it in action

thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon