Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Any disadvantages in J 1.5 ?

• gingerweb
  • gingerweb
12 years 1 month ago #209480 by gingerweb
Any disadvantages in J 1.5 ? was created by gingerweb
Hi.
I am a previous user of CB but not been back here for a while.
I have a customer with a J1.5 website who wants to be able to sell subscription videos for medical training, so i thought about CB subs.

I havent used it before so please excuse the possibly daft questions that i expect i could find the answers to here if i looked hard enough but here goes:

1. Do i get all the CBsubs functionalities with Joomla 1.5 or should i be looking to upgrade his site for this.
2. He doesnt want to create a big Community of people here, just sell subscription video medical training, is this something that CBSubs would be able to take care of ?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 month ago #209530 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Any disadvantages in J 1.5 ?

gingerweb wrote: Hi.
I am a previous user of CB but not been back here for a while.

Welcome back!

I have a customer with a J1.5 website who wants to be able to sell subscription videos for medical training, so i thought about CB subs.

I havent used it before so please excuse the possibly daft questions that i expect i could find the answers to here if i looked hard enough but here goes:

1. Do i get all the CBsubs functionalities with Joomla 1.5 or should i be looking to upgrade his site for this.

CBSubs works just as fine in all Joomla version with latest CB 1.8.1 (yes even Joomla 1.0, 1.5 and 2.5).

Of course if you are not on Joomla 2.5 you will not be able to take advantage of the new ACL group permissions and granularity. Plus Joomla 1.5 will be end of life very soon (Joomla 3.0 is coining out later this month).

2. He doesnt want to create a big Community of people here, just sell subscription video medical training, is this something that CBSubs would be able to take care of ?

thanks

CBSubs does require CB and with CBSubs you can protect access to video articles requiring a subscription to read them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon