Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Migration from JomSocial?

12 years 1 month ago #209672 by webmaisterpro
Migration from JomSocial? was created by webmaisterpro
Hi JoomPolis friends,

My name is Kal and I am running social network website which currently is based on Jomsocial. I am a bit pissed of how they handle customers and to me it seems that this extension doesn't have much of a future.

I am quite interested in CB Pro. Would it be easy or is there any plugins that can help the migration from Jomsocial to CB Pro?

I also would like to ask about future support of Joomla 3, I know this is major step in Joomla development and for sure I would like to move to v3 as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Kal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
12 years 1 week ago #211841 by jross
Replied by jross on topic Re: Migration from JomSocial?
Hello, I would also like to know if there are any tools for migrating from JomSocial?

Also, does CB have the ability to create multiple profiles where some common fields would be shared across all profile types but with an ability to 'tag' specific fields to specific profile types?

JR

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #211854 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Migration from JomSocial?

webmaisterpro wrote: Hi JoomPolis friends,

My name is Kal and I am running social network website which currently is based on Jomsocial. I am a bit pissed of how they handle customers and to me it seems that this extension doesn't have much of a future.

I am quite interested in CB Pro. Would it be easy or is there any plugins that can help the migration from Jomsocial to CB Pro?

I also would like to ask about future support of Joomla 3, I know this is major step in Joomla development and for sure I would like to move to v3 as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Kal

Wow, sorry I missed this one.

Well, I guess delay was useful as we have now released CB 1.9 RC that also supports Joomla 3.0.

Your users in terms of login credentials are most likely already ok for CB transition.
Sorry, we do not have any tools for such a migration from other environments.

You could use CB Juice to import user data if you can get this data in a comma delimited text field from your other environment.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #211855 by nant

jross wrote: Hello, I would also like to know if there are any tools for migrating from JomSocial?

See previous response.

Also, does CB have the ability to create multiple profiles where some common fields would be shared across all profile types but with an ability to 'tag' specific fields to specific profile types?

JR

You can do this with CBSubs.
CBSubs lets you specify which CB field appear for which subscriptions and also which subscriptions are needed to see specific CB fields on other users profiles.

• n00bster
  • n00bster
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #213384 by n00bster
Replied by n00bster on topic Re: Migration from JomSocial?

nant wrote: You could use CB Juice to import user data if you can get this data in a comma delimited text field from your other environment.

hi, i am also searching for an alternative to jomsocial ...

could you explain your idea to import the user-data in CB a bit closer to me, is there a CSV import tool or something else in CB?
i have never used CB before and what i see in the roadmap for the upcoming CB 2.0 impressed me very much.

greetings
n00bster
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by n00bster.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213389 by nant
CB Juice is supported on our forums bu the developers - please search and post there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon