Skip to Content Skip to Menu

FEATURE HELP/ IMPLEMENTATION

12 years 3 weeks ago #211061 by Varsity2012
FEATURE HELP/ IMPLEMENTATION was created by Varsity2012
I need to set up a client website that deals with online communities and sport management.

Basically my client wants to offer a service to schools to allow them to have their own webpage or front page within our main Joomla website and edit and maintain their own team and basic school information for their school's teams.

Ideally when the school logs into our joomla site, it would display their school "homepage" and a drop down menu for "select your team" would then direct them to the relevant content for that team (volleyball, basketball, hockey, soccer, etc). Specific information from each team would then need to be viewed...

Such as:

We need to offer the client ability to access, view and EDIT information such as: news and announcements, team schedule, team roster, scores and reports, team photos, calendar of events, upcoming matches, player statistics, search function. This information needs to be duplicated for each team within the school (baskeball teams, volleyball teams, etc). Along with this I would like to offer forum, social networking, commenting, donation to school function, also be able to invite parents to a group of a specific team....

I have researched sport league management components like JoomSport and JoomLeague, that would fulfill all the sport reporting requirements. Can either of these be integrated with community builder?

I want to give an "administrator" permissions who would be able to edit only their school and any teams under their school, But I would also like to give user permissions to a coach for example of a specific team.

In terms of editing, I would prefer if any given school can only see their own information and that of their teams. and not have access to other school's team information. Hopefully through front end editing or user groups in Joomla 2.5 or community builder?

How can I accomplish these requirements and can Community Builder accomplish everything I need for it to? How can I integrate this sport information into your online community and create these mini-websites with user login?

I also need the school's account to be able to integrate with SUGAR CRM for their account information.

Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Ashley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 3 weeks ago #211091 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: FEATURE HELP/ IMPLEMENTATION
Too many different requirements here.

CB and Groupjive can handle some of them, but other customization would be needed for other aspects.

Integration with SugarCRM would need to be implemented, you might be able to use CB Auto Actions to automatically add contact info to the crm database (you would need to know the structure of CRM in order to do this).

I know of no integration of CB with the sports extensions you mentioned.

So to sum up, you can use CB _ GroupJive for some aspects, but would need to most likely run things by your client to see if the group functionality in Groupjive is sufficient for them.

Otherwise you would need to find / develop something else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon