Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can CB Subs do this?

12 years 2 weeks ago #211430 by MokumDesign
Can CB Subs do this? was created by MokumDesign
Hello,

I am making a new site in which the users of the site will have to purchase points or a subscription to be able to do certain things on the site.
The site is based around user profiles and we want to charge users for uploading photos and videos, normal users get a basic profile but if you want photos and videos on your profile you must pay.

Could CB Sub be the answer?

Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211446 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Can CB Subs do this?

MokumDesign wrote: Hello,

I am making a new site in which the users of the site will have to purchase points or a subscription to be able to do certain things on the site.
The site is based around user profiles and we want to charge users for uploading photos and videos, normal users get a basic profile but if you want photos and videos on your profile you must pay.

Could CB Sub be the answer?

Thanks for any help

CBSubs can restrict access you an Joomla content and require a subscription for access.

You can also use the URL-parts protection to protect specific areas of a component - example the url that is used to submit a new photo.

So yes CBSubs can help you with your use case.

12 years 2 weeks ago #211450 by MokumDesign
Replied by MokumDesign on topic Re: Can CB Subs do this?
HI Nick,

Thanks for the fast reply, what I would like to do exactly is use the cb plugins for the gallery and this plugin www.joomlarulez.com/cb-player.html for the video upload.
So could the URL protect part of CB subs block out the upload URL for each of these plugins do you think?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211453 by nant

MokumDesign wrote: HI Nick,

Thanks for the fast reply, what I would like to do exactly is use the cb plugins for the gallery and this plugin www.joomlarulez.com/cb-player.html for the video upload.
So could the URL protect part of CB subs block out the upload URL for each of these plugins do you think?

Not familiar with this extension/script.

If its a CB plugin that is properly coded (according to CB API) and it works off a CB tab it generates, then you can use the CB Fields/Tab protection and have no need to bother with the URL-parts protection.

So, I would say that yes you can do what you want.

You can ofc purchase CBSubs risk-free as there is a 30-day no questions asked for first time purchasers.

12 years 2 weeks ago #211473 by MokumDesign
Replied by MokumDesign on topic Re: Can CB Subs do this?
ok another thing to add to the mix is I use cb profile pro to make the cb templates with - just love the magic button to drop in tabs etc.
Would you see any problems with cb subs conflicting with this?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #211485 by nant

MokumDesign wrote: ok another thing to add to the mix is I use cb profile pro to make the cb templates with - just love the magic button to drop in tabs etc.
Would you see any problems with cb subs conflicting with this?

Sorry, I have no feedback on this - you would needs to ask the other devs.
I have mixed experiences from other forum posts.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon