Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Different tables for registered vs not registered.

• JTGLenn
  • JTGLenn
12 years 1 week ago #211754 by JTGLenn
I'm wondering if CB will work for what I'm wanting to do.
I manage the website for a private school. Currently, we have an alumni section, where we have the alumni complete a form to update their information, but don't display anywhere on the website.
What I would like to do is..have the alumni to register on an alumni page and automatically associates them to an alumni group. Once they are approved, they would only see the users that are in that alumni group. (They would not see the other Joomla users)

I would like for them to have the option of what fields show up on their profiles or dirctory listings.

I would also like to have a page available to show to all other users not logged in that has basic info about what alumni have registered. (This would encourage other users to register). The page would include their last name and year graduated school.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #211762 by nant

JTGLenn wrote: I'm wondering if CB will work for what I'm wanting to do.
I manage the website for a private school. Currently, we have an alumni section, where we have the alumni complete a form to update their information, but don't display anywhere on the website.
What I would like to do is..have the alumni to register on an alumni page and automatically associates them to an alumni group. Once they are approved, they would only see the users that are in that alumni group. (They would not see the other Joomla users)

I would like for them to have the option of what fields show up on their profiles or dirctory listings.

I would also like to have a page available to show to all other users not logged in that has basic info about what alumni have registered. (This would encourage other users to register). The page would include their last name and year graduated school.

Most of what you want can be done with CBSubs.
You can use CBSubs to create specific alumni plans and then specify CB fields or tabs available to such subscribers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon