Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Backend-Demo

• bosle
  • bosle
12 years 1 day ago #212791 by bosle
Backend-Demo was created by bosle
Hello,

I´m using Community Builder for years now. It was also one of the first components I have ever used. So, thank you for the great work and one of the best free componente.

Now, I´m about one of my pages to Joomla 2.5 and can´t use Profile Manager anymore to handle the field Access Control in Community Builder. So, I´ve found CBSubs, and need to know, whether its possibil to replace my old Proma Extension with it.

1. First of all. I need Tabs and Fields with different rights. On Proma I could just enter some SQL Code to manage the rights and who can see it and in which profile type the field will appear. Can I create own rights for fields/tabs?

2. Is there somewhere a Demo Backend, so that I can test CBSubs?

3. What will happen after one yea, if I don´t buy a new licence. Will my site still work?

Thank you for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 day ago #212818 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Backend-Demo

bosle wrote: Hello,

I´m using Community Builder for years now. It was also one of the first components I have ever used. So, thank you for the great work and one of the best free componente.

Great!

Nice to hear from you - glad you are using CB and you like it.
Our JED page is here in case you feel like voting and reviewing:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/communities/210

Now, I´m about one of my pages to Joomla 2.5 and can´t use Profile Manager anymore to handle the field Access Control in Community Builder. So, I´ve found CBSubs, and need to know, whether its possibil to replace my old Proma Extension with it.

I am not very familiar on what this Proma extension is or does.

1. First of all. I need Tabs and Fields with different rights. On Proma I could just enter some SQL Code to manage the rights and who can see it and in which profile type the field will appear. Can I create own rights for fields/tabs?

With CB 1.8.1 + Joomla 2.5+ you can have access view levels on tabs.
With CBSubs you can also specify which subscribers get which tabs and also which subscribers can see them.

2. Is there somewhere a Demo Backend, so that I can test CBSubs?

Nope.

3. What will happen after one yea, if I don´t buy a new licence. Will my site still work?

Thank you for your time!

The license is a lifetime deal - it will always work.
If you let your maintenance period expire, you just will not be able to download and use new releases.

This is explained in the FAQ presales section - please study:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/105-presales
The following user(s) said Thank You: bosle

• bosle
  • bosle
12 years 10 hours ago #212842 by bosle
Replied by bosle on topic Re: Backend-Demo
Ok, I understand.

Basically I need 3 Features:

1. Choose User Group during Registration
2. Private field/tabs (only the user can see the tab, for bankaccount)
3. Special permission Tabs/Fields (All Users can see the tab in each others profile, but not every user does have it in its own profile(depending on User group). For example: User A in USerGroup A can see the field "Size" in the profile Of User B which is in UserGroup B. But User A does not have the field "Size" in its own profile.

I guess all of this is possible with CBSubs, right? Or would you recommend me some of your others Addons?

Thank you

• nant
  • nant
12 years 6 hours ago #212849 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Backend-Demo
If you intend to charge $$ for such privileges, then CBSubs is the way to go.

If not you might be able to get similar effect with CB Auto Actions (to place someone in ACL group at registration time) and CB conditionals.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon