Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Selling Lessons with Community Builder

11 years 11 months ago #214707 by clockworkmoggy
Selling Lessons with Community Builder was created by clockworkmoggy
Hi,

I'd like to use Community Builder to sell lessons. The idea being that someone would either subscribe to a yearly payment plan or pay a one off fee to access areas of the site detailing the lesson. I've seen CBsubs and it looks like it would do most of what I want. However it does not allow for showing completed courses/lessons. I would also like to show the grade and achievements of members on their profile. I've been looking at Guru which is very close to what I'd like to achieve but I'm not sure if it will work well with CB.

I'm wondering has anyone used the two components in conjunction and if so are there any known issues you ran into?
Secondly if there is a better way to achieve my goal, has anyone done something similar with CB?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214712 by nant

clockworkmoggy wrote: Hi,

I'd like to use Community Builder to sell lessons. The idea being that someone would either subscribe to a yearly payment plan or pay a one off fee to access areas of the site detailing the lesson. I've seen CBsubs and it looks like it would do most of what I want. However it does not allow for showing completed courses/lessons. I would also like to show the grade and achievements of members on their profile. I've been looking at Guru which is very close to what I'd like to achieve but I'm not sure if it will work well with CB.

I'm wondering has anyone used the two components in conjunction and if so are there any known issues you ran into?
Secondly if there is a better way to achieve my goal, has anyone done something similar with CB?

Thanks in advance

guru.ijoomla.com/faq/

looks like CB integration is on the roadmap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clockworkmoggy

11 years 11 months ago #214884 by clockworkmoggy
Replied by clockworkmoggy on topic Re: Selling Lessons with Community Builder
For anyone else who wants to do something similar to me. I've decided to go with this extensions.joomla.org/extensions/living/education-a-culture/lms/10021 as a solution. It actually looks like it will be better than Guru for me and comes complete with a CB plugin.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214890 by nant

clockworkmoggy wrote: For anyone else who wants to do something similar to me. I've decided to go with this extensions.joomla.org/extensions/living/education-a-culture/lms/10021 as a solution. It actually looks like it will be better than Guru for me and comes complete with a CB plugin.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

At some point I was looking for a simple Student / Parent / Teacher / Class system, where a teacher could assign assignments to students of a class and teacher could post feedback for each student for each assignment (grade, feedback, etc) and also an extra note that only the Parent could see. I did not find anything that could do this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon