Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Family subscription plans / capabilities

• beelliott
  • beelliott
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #214826 by beelliott
Family subscription plans / capabilities was created by beelliott
I'm currently running two different sites. One is Joomla 2.5 with CB /CB Subs. The other is Joomla 2.5 with Jomsocial. The primary reason for doing this was to have a separate site for Kids and parents alike to socialize (Jomsocial), while using CB Subs on our main site to maintain organizational memberships, and publish information etc...

So, the question I have is, is there a way to have Family subscriptions in CB Subs? I would like to move to one site. This would require the possibility to place children's memberships under their parent's subscriptions.

My vision is to have one site with CB Subs, and Groupjive in one. I would like to be able to limit content to portions of the site, as well as groupjive to yearly subscribers. But, I would like to sell one subscription to each family, so that access for everyone (multiple profiles) in a family is based upon one plan subscription per family. Is this possible?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by beelliott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #214833 by nant

beelliott wrote: My vision is to have one site with CB Subs, and Groupjive in one. I would like to be able to limit content to portions of the site, as well as groupjive to yearly subscribers. But, I would like to sell one subscription to each family, so that access for everyone (multiple profiles) in a family is based upon one plan subscription per family. Is this possible?

Family membership is not supported.

We have marked a similar feature for future implementation but cannot really say when this will be available.

Currently the only way to handle this would be by implementing a manual process where after a family membership is purchased the family member purchaser communicated the desider credentials of his family members and someone manually creates these users/subscriptions via backend of CBSubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon