Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB + CB Subs Do I need them both

• tomlegens
  • tomlegens
11 years 10 months ago #217233 by tomlegens
CB + CB Subs Do I need them both was created by tomlegens
Hello everyone, I am hoping I can get an answer on the direction I should take. I have a client who is an "Association" that charges membership for their members with only two membership types. Along with that membership they get certain benefits, mostly for things like discounts on seminars and things of that nature. The memberships run for one year from date of purchase.

They are currently using an E-commerce system called Ecwid to manage the payments via PayPal. Once they pay, they're a member. I have been challenged with consolidating the membership part. They also require that each member can have a profile page with several different attributes that consumers could search upon. So basically, if I want to find a company within this association that sells widgets, the consumer could perform a search for widgets and find said company.

Having dealt with CB in the past, I immediately thought it could be an option here. My question is, what do I need to get started? Do I need CB for the community profile part and CB Subs to manage the subscription or just CB Subs? I would also like the members to be able to update their own content, which I know CB and Joomla can obviously do but thought I'd throw that out there as another requirement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 10 months ago #217238 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB + CB Subs Do I need them both

tomlegens wrote: Hello everyone, I am hoping I can get an answer on the direction I should take. I have a client who is an "Association" that charges membership for their members with only two membership types. Along with that membership they get certain benefits, mostly for things like discounts on seminars and things of that nature. The memberships run for one year from date of purchase.

They are currently using an E-commerce system called Ecwid to manage the payments via PayPal. Once they pay, they're a member. I have been challenged with consolidating the membership part. They also require that each member can have a profile page with several different attributes that consumers could search upon. So basically, if I want to find a company within this association that sells widgets, the consumer could perform a search for widgets and find said company.

Having dealt with CB in the past, I immediately thought it could be an option here. My question is, what do I need to get started? Do I need CB for the community profile part and CB Subs to manage the subscription or just CB Subs? I would also like the members to be able to update their own content, which I know CB and Joomla can obviously do but thought I'd throw that out there as another requirement.

CBSubs is a set of CB Plugins, so you need CB - you cannot have CBSubs by itself.

With CBSubs your use case can be supported.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon