Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Csubs with Jdownloads

• erich199
  • erich199
11 years 9 months ago #217511 by erich199
Csubs with Jdownloads was created by erich199
Hi there,

I've done some searching but was unable to find this.

I was curious if it were possible to integrate csubs with the download component "Jdownloads". I have a website that uses this. I currently have the Alphauserpoints system in place to restrict "non active" users. I would like to allow "x amout" of downloads per day for "non subscription" members to help offset the cost of users downloading from my site.

So, a free users gets 3-5 downloads per day. Once the limit is hit, it will inform them they can't download unless they subscribe to a download plan. Plan A = 20 downloads a day Plan B = 50 downloads a day etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 9 months ago #217546 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Csubs with Jdownloads

erich199 wrote: Hi there,

I've done some searching but was unable to find this.

I was curious if it were possible to integrate csubs with the download component "Jdownloads". I have a website that uses this. I currently have the Alphauserpoints system in place to restrict "non active" users. I would like to allow "x amout" of downloads per day for "non subscription" members to help offset the cost of users downloading from my site.

So, a free users gets 3-5 downloads per day. Once the limit is hit, it will inform them they can't download unless they subscribe to a download plan. Plan A = 20 downloads a day Plan B = 50 downloads a day etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Sorry, I have no experience with this download component.
Perhaps you can use SQL action from cbsubs to integrate.

• erich199
  • erich199
11 years 9 months ago #217736 by erich199
Replied by erich199 on topic Re: Csubs with Jdownloads
Thanks for your reply.

I was doing some research and it seems the developer of that download component hasn't updated it to take advantage of the ACL in Joomla. I guess I will have to wait to find another solution or until he updates.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon