Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Minimum password length - a deal breaker unless I get an answer.

• holdech
  • holdech
11 years 9 months ago #218312 by holdech
I also posted on the other forum (for non-paid) but didn't receive any replies.

I need to be able to change the minimum password length to 5 characters - it must align with an existing "pin number" system (it's not negotiable).

The one article I did find was for a previous version of CB as the database column it referenced is not present in my implementation.

I'm sure this is a simple thing to change once I know where it is.

If it can be changed, you will have a new paid customer...

Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 9 months ago #218453 by krileon
Navigate to CB > Field Management and edit the password field. Then change the "Minimum length:" to whatever you want. The tooltip is still going to say 5 though, but it's just a language string which you can change or supply a new description entirely with the "Description/"i" field-tip: text or HTML:" parameter seen when editing the password field. You can also supply a "Max Length:" if you want on the far-left-bottom of the screen when editing the password field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• holdech
  • holdech
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #218460 by holdech
Tank you for the reply - it works perfectly.
I thought I had tried this and it didn't work but realize now it was giving the "6 char minimum" message as I was typing - but it was just a message and not the actual edit.

Thank you,

Chris
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by holdech.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon