Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can CB satisfy these needs?

• earthdog
  • earthdog
11 years 9 months ago #218414 by earthdog
Can CB satisfy these needs? was created by earthdog
Hi All!

I am evaluating various solutions for my needs.

My basic needs are:

-Every user to have multiple blogs where he can keep private from EVERYBODY (even the admin)
-I need the option to encrypt every blog post (user may choose on per post basis if he wants encryption). the user will input everytime a personal key based on which the encryption should occur.If he looses the key he looses his data.
-Every user could have public groups / blogs available to everybody and/or friends only.
-Social bookmarking.
-Ability to export (PDF,HTML e.t.c) the total of his posts per blog.

I have many other small stuff in my mind but my basic needs are the above and i need to see how i am gonna achieve it. I would like to go the joomla way but i am not convinced how exactly i should go with it..

I would appreciate if you could help build my site roadmap around your products. Of course i am aware that some areas would need custom coding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
11 years 9 months ago #218486 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Can CB satisfy these needs?
I'm not aware of such a solution without some custom development. Your best bet is probably to find a developer on a freelancers site like Elance ( www.elance.com/ ), carefully picking your developer based on his proven experience on writing CB plugins and Joomla extensions.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• earthdog
  • earthdog
11 years 9 months ago #218487 by earthdog
Replied by earthdog on topic Re: Can CB satisfy these needs?
If we leave the encryption outside of the picture, cant i have the basic "private" functionality with GroupJive having each member hos own private group?

I could then proceed and find or create custom component for reading the group posts from db in order to create the export facility...

• beat
  • beat
11 years 9 months ago #218488 by beat

earthdog wrote: If we leave the encryption outside of the picture, cant i have the basic "private" functionality with GroupJive having each member hos own private group?

I could then proceed and find or create custom component for reading the group posts from db in order to create the export facility...

I believe you already asked that question here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/239-usage/218466-private-groups-possibility

and it is being answered. So won't answer it here again.
Please avoid double-posting as it is just taking team time away from development ;)

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• earthdog
  • earthdog
11 years 9 months ago #218505 by earthdog
Replied by earthdog on topic Re: Can CB satisfy these needs?
You are right, sorry!! :)

Thank you for your prompt support , i think that i will go towards your way.

Is there a dedicated forum regarding Billing questions?

• beat
  • beat
11 years 9 months ago #218508 by beat

earthdog wrote: ...
Is there a dedicated forum regarding Billing questions?

If you have billing questions, you can ask here in presales forum if it is a public questions, or use contact form (Contact link at bottom of all pages) for questions including private/confidential information.

The following user(s) said Thank You: earthdog

Moderators: beatnantkrileon