Skip to Content Skip to Menu

One user group mandatory .edu email address

• lwebglo
  • lwebglo
11 years 9 months ago #219223 by lwebglo
Hi there,

I am working on a client's site. She has a JoomBri Freelance component. She wants to restrict the Job Seekers ONLY to have a mandatory .edu email address. She wants all other users, general visitors and job posters to be able to access and do anything on the site. Basically she does not want anyone but registered, Freelancers, with .edu emails to be able to view and apply for the jobs in JoomBri.

I have been researching this and have a variety of suggestions, however I am planning to make the JoomBri registration for the Freelancers to redirect to Community Builder.

So if they are going to register through CB I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to make this extension (link and description below) for limit registration to work with just this one user group (Freelancers)in CB and then it would redirect to show the Freelancers their appropriate page that only they can see and use, (apply for the jobs there)

A generous developer gave me this extension and he is a bit busy for a few days but I am hoping to get a jump on how to connect it to only the Freelance User Group who will need to register using only .edu's. Below is his extension and message to me.

Feel free to try out this quick Limit Registration User plugin (for Domains and/or TLDs) I've put together for you:
www.orware.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=37&Itemid=377

The way the plugin is designed right now you can provide your own success/failure messages within the plugin configuration and specify TLDs (like edu, org, net, com, etc.) or full domains (like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.) in the two allowed lists and when a user registers the plugin runs and checks against what you specified and then outputs the success or failure message as appropriate.

End of his message.

So if anyone can tell me how to edit the code to connect this extension as I said for just the Freelance group that would be awesome and I think would be helpful to others in the future.

Thanks sooooo much,

Glo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #219320 by nant

lwebglo wrote: Hi there,

Hello and welcome to our forums.

I am working on a client's site. She has a JoomBri Freelance component. She wants to restrict the Job Seekers ONLY to have a mandatory .edu email address. She wants all other users, general visitors and job posters to be able to access and do anything on the site. Basically she does not want anyone but registered, Freelancers, with .edu emails to be able to view and apply for the jobs in JoomBri.

Sorry, I have no experience with this component.

I have been researching this and have a variety of suggestions, however I am planning to make the JoomBri registration for the Freelancers to redirect to Community Builder.

So if they are going to register through CB I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to make this extension (link and description below) for limit registration to work with just this one user group (Freelancers)in CB and then it would redirect to show the Freelancers their appropriate page that only they can see and use, (apply for the jobs there)

A generous developer gave me this extension and he is a bit busy for a few days but I am hoping to get a jump on how to connect it to only the Freelance User Group who will need to register using only .edu's. Below is his extension and message to me.

Feel free to try out this quick Limit Registration User plugin (for Domains and/or TLDs) I've put together for you:
www.orware.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=37&Itemid=377

The way the plugin is designed right now you can provide your own success/failure messages within the plugin configuration and specify TLDs (like edu, org, net, com, etc.) or full domains (like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.) in the two allowed lists and when a user registers the plugin runs and checks against what you specified and then outputs the success or failure message as appropriate.

End of his message.

So if anyone can tell me how to edit the code to connect this extension as I said for just the Freelance group that would be awesome and I think would be helpful to others in the future.

Thanks sooooo much,

Glo

Not really sure how to help you.

With CB you can restrict email addresses you allow during registration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon