Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Compare between subscriptions

11 years 8 months ago #220156 by webjoomlapolis
Compare between subscriptions was created by webjoomlapolis
Dear Joomlopolis,

I would like to understand the difference in introspection:

1. What does this mean for developer?

"Access to the CB Documentation, a 180+ page reference guide for you and your customers
Authorization to remove CB frontend credits for you and your customers"

"Access to Professional Support Forum with guaranteed response time for all your and your customers' CB websites!"

Does it mean if I take Professional, I could not do websites for others and provide them with the reference guide and remove credits?

2. Comparing packages:

Professional:
17 powerful CB Add Ons and the CB GroupJive plugins
26 amazing CB Incubator Add Ons

Developer:
15 powerful CB Add Ons and the CB GroupJive plugins
18 amazing CB Incubator Add Ons

Why is developer given less?

Please assist.

I am determined to subscribe, but hesitated because I am first a non-developer (programmer), second, I would like to be given the most and I do not mind subscribing developer which is supposedly higher tier, but I need to be assisted in these queries first before paying for the final package.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #220169 by webjoomlapolis
Replied by webjoomlapolis on topic Compare between subscriptions
I am presently looking into Groupjive.

Do we need to download Groupjive component? It seemed deprecated.

i am earnestly seeking advice because I am definitely purchasing CB but i need to be very clear cos I am budget tight.

thank u

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #220183 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Compare between subscriptions

webjoomlapolis wrote: Dear Joomlopolis,

I would like to understand the difference in introspection:

1. What does this mean for developer?

"Access to the CB Documentation, a 180+ page reference guide for you and your customers
Authorization to remove CB frontend credits for you and your customers"

"Access to Professional Support Forum with guaranteed response time for all your and your customers' CB websites!"

Does it mean if I take Professional, I could not do websites for others and provide them with the reference guide and remove credits?

That is correct.
All the code you download as a Professional member is GPL. This means that you can install it anywhere you want (your sites or other sites).

However removal of the frontend copyright notice (Community menu) is only authorized for your sites and not your customer sites. Same is true for the redistribution of the documentation. Developer membership is requested if you are a developer doing work on customer sites.

2. Comparing packages:

Professional:
17 powerful CB Add Ons and the CB GroupJive plugins
26 amazing CB Incubator Add Ons

Developer:
15 powerful CB Add Ons and the CB GroupJive plugins
18 amazing CB Incubator Add Ons

Why is developer given less?

Please assist.

Thanks for pointing out bug in our descriptions (now fixed).
Yes, of course Developer membership includes everything already in Professional and Advanced membership and more items.

See comparison table here: www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

I am determined to subscribe, but hesitated because I am first a non-developer (programmer), second, I would like to be given the most and I do not mind subscribing developer which is supposedly higher tier, but I need to be assisted in these queries first before paying for the final package.

If you are not a developer doing customer work then the menu removal and documentation distribution privileges that Deeloper membership gives you are not really something you appear to need.

So main differences then would be (see comparison chart link given above): CBSubs product and access to beta builds (when available).

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webjoomlapolis

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #220184 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Compare between subscriptions

webjoomlapolis wrote: I am presently looking into Groupjive.

Do we need to download Groupjive component? It seemed deprecated.

i am earnestly seeking advice because I am definitely purchasing CB but i need to be very clear cos I am budget tight.

thank u

GroupJive 2.6.1 is the latest stable release and it is available to All Advanced members.

GroupJive 2.7 RC1 is a new RC (release candidate) and it is only available to Professional and Developer members.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webjoomlapolis

Moderators: beatnantkrileon