Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs-Recurring Payments-multiple payments toward single subscription?

11 years 7 months ago #222569 by HamboneNLA
I purchased SBsub 1.1.2 in 2010 and never installed it. I recently downloaded 2.0.2, and installed it, to do my first install, only to find that I can't do that since my original 1 year subscription has expired and 2.0.2 would be considered an upgrade after expiration. So this is a pre-sale question before purchasng and upgrading to the GPL ver.

I have a 600 member club (Mardi-Gras Krewe) that I want to use CBSubs to track annual DUES payments, and do auto-credit card processing with Paypal. I'll use VirtueMart to sell tickets to various events throughout the year (Grand Bal & parties) for both members and non-members.

I'm looking for a discussion of RECURRING PAYMENTS.
My question is: Can Recurring Payments be used to 'amortize' the cost of annual dues + possibly future known event charges, by taking that total, and divide by the remaining months in the current subscription period and have members select that DUES option, and make monthly payments throughout the year, toward their total Dues + Events subscription? All members rights and access would be given after the first installment. All plans have the same expiration date (May 1). All future event charges (ticket prices) are known amounts. The option would be DYNAMIC because the monthly charge would be dependent on how many months are left in the subscription period at the time the (new) member makes his selection. Therefore it is a single, annual subscription, but paid out over several months. Is that do-able?

thanks for your help.

Dana Wicks
Webmaster
Krewe of Centaur
DanaWicks@comcast.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #223361 by HamboneNLA
yooooHOOO.... trying to be patient ... but help!

• nant
  • nant
11 years 7 months ago #223376 by nant

HamboneNLA wrote: I purchased SBsub 1.1.2 in 2010 and never installed it. I recently downloaded 2.0.2, and installed it, to do my first install, only to find that I can't do that since my original 1 year subscription has expired and 2.0.2 would be considered an upgrade after expiration. So this is a pre-sale question before purchasng and upgrading to the GPL ver.

I have a 600 member club (Mardi-Gras Krewe) that I want to use CBSubs to track annual DUES payments, and do auto-credit card processing with Paypal. I'll use VirtueMart to sell tickets to various events throughout the year (Grand Bal & parties) for both members and non-members.

I'm looking for a discussion of RECURRING PAYMENTS.
My question is: Can Recurring Payments be used to 'amortize' the cost of annual dues + possibly future known event charges, by taking that total, and divide by the remaining months in the current subscription period and have members select that DUES option, and make monthly payments throughout the year, toward their total Dues + Events subscription? All members rights and access would be given after the first installment. All plans have the same expiration date (May 1). All future event charges (ticket prices) are known amounts. The option would be DYNAMIC because the monthly charge would be dependent on how many months are left in the subscription period at the time the (new) member makes his selection. Therefore it is a single, annual subscription, but paid out over several months. Is that do-able?

thanks for your help.

Dana Wicks
Webmaster
Krewe of Centaur
DanaWicks@comcast.net

Hi and sorry for missing this one.

We sent every CBSubs purchaser (including you) three emails back in January offering special migration discounts to get CBSubs GPL.

Check your spam folder and if your email is powered by gmail please read this:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18344-marking-incoming-gmail-powered-emails-as-not-spam

Please contact us (see contact us link in footer of this page) and we will see if we can offer you a discount coupon to migrate to CBSubs GPL.

Regarding your recurring payments question, the answer is no - that is not what recurring payments are for.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon