Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Looking into CB/Joomla combination

• who_else
  • who_else
11 years 6 months ago #223906 by who_else
Looking into CB/Joomla combination was created by who_else
Well,

i'd like to host a community, which has several different Usertypes, which will need each different fields for their profiles, although there are some fields applying to all Usertypes, there are such, which are for two usertypes or just one. Likewise this:

Group 1: Motorcyclist
Group 2: Trucker
Group 3: Car
Group 4: Mobile Home

I'd like to have a registration window, where the user can choose for which group he wants to register and present him after the selection his new profile with all according fields.

So, can this be done with CB (either CB or CB pro?)
Best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 months ago #223922 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Looking into CB/Joomla combination

who_else wrote: Well,

i'd like to host a community, which has several different Usertypes, which will need each different fields for their profiles, although there are some fields applying to all Usertypes, there are such, which are for two usertypes or just one. Likewise this:

Group 1: Motorcyclist
Group 2: Trucker
Group 3: Car
Group 4: Mobile Home

I'd like to have a registration window, where the user can choose for which group he wants to register and present him after the selection his new profile with all according fields.

So, can this be done with CB (either CB or CB pro?)
Best

With CB COnditionals plugin you can show/hide fields (on registration and in profiles) depending on other field values.

This means that you can setup a usertype field that takes the values you want (Motorcyclist, etc) and then show or hide other fields based on this value.

The basic registration fields of course need to be present (name, username, email, pass).

You can also do something similar with CBSubs GPL if you need paid membership subscriptions.

CB Conditional plugin is offered to Professional members.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon