Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Questions about CB and CBSubs

• alexvan
  • alexvan
11 years 6 months ago #224877 by alexvan
Questions about CB and CBSubs was created by alexvan
Hi, I am looking to use Community Builder and CBSubs on my website, and just had a few (hopefully quick and easy!) questions:

1) Can I make member-specific pages, ie. a page that only member X can see?

2) Can I make pages that only categories of members can see. Ie. Members X and Y are a member of a category, and therefore they can see a page on my site that no one else can

3) How many of the 'community' features can I turn off? I am after the subscription payments rather than the community features (at this stage)

4) Is it possible to give a discount code for membership, so rather than paying a full price subscription, if you sign up with a promotional code you get it cheaper?

5) Can I edit the subscription details from within CBSubs ie. someone has a $30 a month subscription, and I want to give them a discount, can I change it to $25 a month? My understanding of PayPal subscriptions is no, but I thought I would check!

Thanks for your help!
Kind regards,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 months ago #224891 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Questions about CB and CBSubs

alexvan wrote: Hi, I am looking to use Community Builder and CBSubs on my website, and just had a few (hopefully quick and easy!) questions:

Will try and address below ...

1) Can I make member-specific pages, ie. a page that only member X can see?

With CB you can create tabs that contain fields.
If you configure the tab to not show on profile position then the information will only be available for the user when user edits profile.

You can also use CB Privacy to specify that a tab of field is private (only for user).

2) Can I make pages that only categories of members can see. Ie. Members X and Y are a member of a category, and therefore they can see a page on my site that no one else can

With CBSubs you can protect any Joomla content you want and require a subscription for viewing.

Example: You can protect all Joomla articles of Category X and require CBSUbs subscription Y for viewing.

3) How many of the 'community' features can I turn off? I am after the subscription payments rather than the community features (at this stage)

Not sure what you are asking.
You can configure CB plugins and add-ons as you wish.

4) Is it possible to give a discount code for membership, so rather than paying a full price subscription, if you sign up with a promotional code you get it cheaper?

Yes, CBSubs has a very powerful promotions system.
Works with coupons or even automatic based on cb field values (example any user that has CB field VIP set to 1 will automatically get a X% discount - no coupon code needed).

5) Can I edit the subscription details from within CBSubs ie. someone has a $30 a month subscription, and I want to give them a discount, can I change it to $25 a month? My understanding of PayPal subscriptions is no, but I thought I would check!

You cannot change the auto-recurring amount once it has been approved by user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon