Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Privacy Plugin

• yorweb
  • yorweb
11 years 6 months ago #224954 by yorweb
Privacy Plugin was created by yorweb
I have downloaded and installed Community Builder 1.9 along with K2 and within K2 have enabled the CB integration in the parameters section.

However I have noticed that if I am not logged in, clicking on the author link within K2 articles does not display the author information (profile). Instead I get the message "Please log in or register to view user profiles".

Therefore I am wondering if the Privacy Plugin allows author profile information to be displayed to non-registered website users?

I will have around 500 registered members but only around 10-15 authors and what would be good if I could also have one page listing the authors. I was thinking something along the lines of www.theartsdesk.com/about .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 months ago #224959 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Privacy Plugin

yorweb wrote: I have downloaded and installed Community Builder 1.9 along with K2 and within K2 have enabled the CB integration in the parameters section.

However I have noticed that if I am not logged in, clicking on the author link within K2 articles does not display the author information (profile). Instead I get the message "Please log in or register to view user profiles".

Therefore I am wondering if the Privacy Plugin allows author profile information to be displayed to non-registered website users?

I will have around 500 registered members but only around 10-15 authors and what would be good if I could also have one page listing the authors. I was thinking something along the lines of www.theartsdesk.com/about .

You should be able to set user profiles to public viewing (CB COnfiguration parameters).

You can then use the new CB Privacy plugin (available for Advanced and above members) to allow individual users to select which parts of their profiles are public or not.

Advanced membership also gives you access to detailed CB documentation which you will find useful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon