Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB as Member Portfolio Directory

11 years 5 months ago #226237 by thewebworkshop
CB as Member Portfolio Directory was created by thewebworkshop
Hi,

I have a prospective client who needs a site for members to be able to post images and videos of their portfolio work. We're looking at having multiple subscription levels, with a free basic one upwards. Can CB provide the following functionality:
  • Allow restrictions to the number of videos and images each subscription level can add?
  • On front end member listings, can those on higher subscription levels be promoted to the top of the listings, i.e. your listing is ranked according to how much you've paid?
  • If the ranking is possible, if a member makes an additional 'donation', can the value of that donation be taken into account with the rankings?
Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226240 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB as Member Portfolio Directory

thewebworkshop wrote: Hi,

I have a prospective client who needs a site for members to be able to post images and videos of their portfolio work. We're looking at having multiple subscription levels, with a free basic one upwards. Can CB provide the following functionality:

• Allow restrictions to the number of videos and images each subscription level can add?
  • On front end member listings, can those on higher subscription levels be promoted to the top of the listings, i.e. your listing is ranked according to how much you've paid?
  • If the ranking is possible, if a member makes an additional 'donation', can the value of that donation be taken into account with the rankings?
Thanks in advance.

Andrew

I am not aware of any video handling extension that limits the number of uploaded videos.
Not sure if uploading video files is the best way to go (big files - bandwidth, etc).

The CB Profile Gallery (part of Advanced/Pro membership) allows limiting number of items per user and it can interface with CBSubs (there is a use case in the manual) to set the limits per subscription level.

You should be able to create a user list sorted by ranking - where ranking is just a CB field. This field can be increased/decreased based on subscription activation or deactivation.

Guess most of what you want is doable - you would just need to find a video solution and see if it can limit the number of videos per user on its own. It it can you should be able to integrate it with CBSubs using an SQL action.

11 years 5 months ago #226243 by thewebworkshop
Replied by thewebworkshop on topic CB as Member Portfolio Directory
Hi Nant,

Thanks for the reply. We'd be looking to use a hosted solution (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) for actually hosting the videos - it's just a case of restricting the number each member can have listed depending on their subscription level. I was pretty sure that I saw this somewhere in the info on your website - would I be correct?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #226254 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB as Member Portfolio Directory

thewebworkshop wrote: Hi Nant,

Thanks for the reply. We'd be looking to use a hosted solution (YouTube, Vimeo, etc) for actually hosting the videos - it's just a case of restricting the number each member can have listed depending on their subscription level. I was pretty sure that I saw this somewhere in the info on your website - would I be correct?

One thing you could do is to create a number of video fields in a tab and then use CB Conditionals to provision fields based on subscription membership.

Video field and CB Conditional plugin are part of Professional membership.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon