Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is CB capable of...

• a2zcs
  • a2zcs
11 years 5 months ago #226270 by a2zcs
Is CB capable of... was created by a2zcs
I've been asked to review the possibility of converting a chamber of commerce website from its existing form (half static, half specialized CMS, which is too expensive to maintain) to a joomla based site. I'm thinking that CB could be a major part of this conversion. However, I need to know if the following is possible or an appropriate use of CB.
Members are available in a csv file with a multitude of various fields ranging from dues paid, number of employees,visit records, phone numbers, etc.

1. Can CB's tab and field managers be used for housing/displaying this data?
2. Can this data be imported into CB or would it need to be rekeyed?
3. Members are the company/organization with 1 to many representatives. How can this be done in CB?
4. Can members be assigned to different groups that can then be exported to csv files for the purpose of mail merging?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 5 months ago #226302 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is CB capable of...

a2zcs wrote: I've been asked to review the possibility of converting a chamber of commerce website from its existing form (half static, half specialized CMS, which is too expensive to maintain) to a joomla based site. I'm thinking that CB could be a major part of this conversion. However, I need to know if the following is possible or an appropriate use of CB.

Will try and respond below ...

Members are available in a csv file with a multitude of various fields ranging from dues paid, number of employees,visit records, phone numbers, etc.

1. Can CB's tab and field managers be used for housing/displaying this data?

CB can have unlimited fields organized into tabs.
It is not a CRM.

For paid subscriptions you could use CBSubs.

2. Can this data be imported into CB or would it need to be rekeyed?

You could use CB Juice to import data for users.
You could use CBSubs import feature to initialize current subscriptions.
Nothing really to import past dues payments as CBSubs is not really an accounting system.

3. Members are the company/organization with 1 to many representatives. How can this be done in CB?

You can add a company field in your user profiles and then create a user list filtered by company name.

But again, CB is not a directory extension.

4. Can members be assigned to different groups that can then be exported to csv files for the purpose of mail merging?

Thank you.

Paid subscribers can be placed in extra Joomla ACL groups by CBSubs.

You can also export the CB comprofiler table that has most of what you need to do mail merge.

Most of the building tools exist but you would need to combine features for your use case and possibly adjust your use case to some of the features.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon