Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBsubs recurring billing with end

11 years 4 months ago #228217 by grumpydruid
CBsubs recurring billing with end was created by grumpydruid
hello, we run a school where we have a tuition fee to take a class. We allow people to sign up for our class at full price, but make payments as they go. This could easily be a subscription, but we would need it to end automatically in one of two possible ways.

The subsctiption ends and stop billin when a dollar amont has been reached

or

the subscription ends after a predefined number of billings.

for example:

tuition is $200
user signs up and agrees to pay in $50 installments, one each month
after the 4 payments are complete, billing stops

is this possible and what are our options for configuration, there are several ways we could go about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #228281 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBsubs recurring billing with end

grumpydruid wrote: hello, we run a school where we have a tuition fee to take a class. We allow people to sign up for our class at full price, but make payments as they go. This could easily be a subscription, but we would need it to end automatically in one of two possible ways.

The subsctiption ends and stop billin when a dollar amont has been reached

or

the subscription ends after a predefined number of billings.

for example:

tuition is $200
user signs up and agrees to pay in $50 installments, one each month
after the 4 payments are complete, billing stops

is this possible and what are our options for configuration, there are several ways we could go about this.

I am currently at JAB13 working on my presentation:
jandbeyond.org/program/sessions/implementation-without-coding-using-community-buil.html

Your use case inspired me and I will be mentioning it.

With CBSubs you can configure an autorecurring monthly plan and specify that it only autorecurs X times.

So if your tuition is 100 USD and you allow people to pay in 4 installments, then you can configure a monthly plan at 25 USD and let people subscribe to that.

You can configure the plan to end the subscription after the last payment (4th) or you can configure the subscription to remain free from then on.

With the CB Auto Action you could also configure an action to add the user automatically to another plan if needed (example after subscription of 4 installment plaan ends you might want to move the user to a different plan depending on your use case).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon