Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Is an upgrade worth it for me?

11 years 4 months ago #229166 by Paladin_Brewer
Is an upgrade worth it for me? was created by Paladin_Brewer
So Ive used CB free version before, and I like it. I am torn between upgrading it or not, because when I go through what i get via upgrade, I don't think it applies to what I would use it for. So let me make sure I have all the upgrades here (from free to pro):

CB Packager: Don't need.
Group Jive: I can see maybe using this, but not important.
17+ Addons: Most of these I wouldn't use. The search function maybe.
CB Menu Removal: Would love that, but this alone is not worth the money of course.
Documentation: Eh.
Activity Stream: Okay feature to add, but again, not important.
Incubator Addons: Only the bootstrap template sounds interesting, and thats only if it looks better than the default. But Im not sure what it looks like? A pretty template would be a big plus for sure. The rest I could do without, not important. I also use phpbb3 not Kunena.
Quickstart Pro: Dont need.
Profile and forum badge: Dont need. Again I dont use Kunena.
Special Promos: Dont need.
Priority Support: Well I do love support.

I think that sums them up. Am I missing anything important? Any more info would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #229177 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is an upgrade worth it for me?

Paladin_Brewer wrote: So Ive used CB free version before, and I like it. I am torn between upgrading it or not, because when I go through what i get via upgrade, I don't think it applies to what I would use it for. So let me make sure I have all the upgrades here (from free to pro):

CB Packager: Don't need.
Group Jive: I can see maybe using this, but not important.
17+ Addons: Most of these I wouldn't use. The search function maybe.
CB Menu Removal: Would love that, but this alone is not worth the money of course.
Documentation: Eh.
Activity Stream: Okay feature to add, but again, not important.
Incubator Addons: Only the bootstrap template sounds interesting, and thats only if it looks better than the default. But Im not sure what it looks like? A pretty template would be a big plus for sure. The rest I could do without, not important. I also use phpbb3 not Kunena.
Quickstart Pro: Dont need.
Profile and forum badge: Dont need. Again I dont use Kunena.
Special Promos: Dont need.
Priority Support: Well I do love support.

I think that sums them up. Am I missing anything important? Any more info would be appreciated.

Well, since you like and have been user CB please note that the reason it is free is because of the paid supporters.

So indirectly you are supporting CB by becoming a paid member ... well you can also donate ... but very few actually do this ...

There are over 30 add-ons available to Professional members.

You can see the bootstrap template in action here:
cbqspro.cbdemosites.com/profile-view/userprofile/janer

11 years 4 months ago #229317 by Paladin_Brewer
Replied by Paladin_Brewer on topic Is an upgrade worth it for me?
Thank you for the link there. It looks a little cleaner, is there a darker version or just the white?

Also any demo of sorts for group jive? That I think may be something I might use. Of course I wouldnt get any Kunena functionality out of it, but some of the features there may be interesting for my use :)

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #229321 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Is an upgrade worth it for me?

Paladin_Brewer wrote: Thank you for the link there. It looks a little cleaner, is there a darker version or just the white?

Just white.

Also any demo of sorts for group jive? That I think may be something I might use. Of course I wouldnt get any Kunena functionality out of it, but some of the features there may be interesting for my use :)

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/groupjive

demo exists - see demo/screenshots tab on above url page for link to demo site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon