Skip to Content Skip to Menu

sb subs 1.3 to 1.9 upgrade presale questions

• daco
  • daco
11 years 3 months ago #229719 by daco
Hi,
I purchased cbsubs 1.2 just a couple of years ago. Now I am evaluating an upgrade in order to enhance the overall appearence of the component plus some other things.

I am not satisfied with the graphic of the subscription page. I'd like to implement something quite different. Is it possible with the new version? For instance, I like a page like this: proto.io/en/signup/ What do you think? would it be possible to get rid of the present css logic (url("images/membership_icon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent) quite difficult to change...

Furthermore, I'd like to readress the not authorized users (not yet subs members) to a landing page instead of showing them the message: Access to this menu item not allowed without subscription, ONLY.

Would you be so kind to provide me some hints in this regard.

thanks a lot

thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229773 by nant

daco wrote: Hi,
I purchased cbsubs 1.2 just a couple of years ago. Now I am evaluating an upgrade in order to enhance the overall appearence of the component plus some other things.

I am not satisfied with the graphic of the subscription page. I'd like to implement something quite different. Is it possible with the new version? For instance, I like a page like this: proto.io/en/signup/ What do you think? would it be possible to get rid of the present css logic (url("images/membership_icon.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent) quite difficult to change...

The example page you showed uses javascript to show/hide the registration form.
I am sure you can do the same (or get a developer to help you accomplish something similar).

We do not have anything out of the box for this.

Furthermore, I'd like to readress the not authorized users (not yet subs members) to a landing page instead of showing them the message: Access to this menu item not allowed without subscription, ONLY.

Would you be so kind to provide me some hints in this regard.

thanks a lot

thanks a lot

The message should also include plan proposal - does it not?

• daco
  • daco
11 years 3 months ago #229793 by daco
Hi Nick,
Thanks for answering so quickly.
Yes, the message I'd want to show is a sort of landing page in which users can see what they would be able to do with a subscription plan active an NOT only receive a NO access message with the registration form. Any hints to accomplish such a task? I need a middle page...

thanks and regards.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229794 by nant

daco wrote: Hi Nick,
Thanks for answering so quickly.
Yes, the message I'd want to show is a sort of landing page in which users can see what they would be able to do with a subscription plan active an NOT only receive a NO access message with the registration form. Any hints to accomplish such a task? I need a middle page...

thanks and regards.

CBSubs does this already (if configured properly).

Just try and click New Topic on this page:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support

You will see CBSubs proposing plans needed to post.

• daco
  • daco
11 years 3 months ago #229801 by daco
Great! Effectively, I can get that by changing my subscripltion plan template page. I'll try to catch inspiration from here.
www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership I like it very much.
Unfortunatelly, I have another issue due to unproper configuration of the component. Differently from the example provided by you above, my site shows the registration form before the sub plan. Ant advices to hide it?
eg.: www.maveryx.com/en/user-profile/pluginclass.html?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=accessdenied&accesstype=menus&accessvalue=111&accessurl=Zm9ybWF0PWh0bWwmbGFuZz1lbiZJdGVtaWQ9MTExJm9wdGlvbj1jb21fcmVtb3NpdG9yeQ%3D%3D

To your goodhearth...

thanks so much

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #229812 by nant

daco wrote: Great! Effectively, I can get that by changing my subscripltion plan template page. I'll try to catch inspiration from here.
www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership I like it very much.

That is just an html page that links buttons to cbsubs plans.

Unfortunatelly, I have another issue due to unproper configuration of the component. Differently from the example provided by you above, my site shows the registration form before the sub plan. Ant advices to hide it?
eg.: www.maveryx.com/en/user-profile/pluginclass.html?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=accessdenied&accesstype=menus&accessvalue=111&accessurl=Zm9ybWF0PWh0bWwmbGFuZz1lbiZJdGVtaWQ9MTExJm9wdGlvbj1jb21fcmVtb3NpdG9yeQ%3D%3D

To your goodhearth...

thanks so much

Please post support questions to the support forums (this is presales).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon