Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Good fit?

11 years 3 months ago #230037 by coherentmedia
Good fit? was created by coherentmedia
I've been asked to set up a website for a leadership training organization. One part of the site is connecting past and future participants with each other. The organization wants the participants to be able to update their profiles themselves, although I may be responsible for some initial data and user creation and input. They also want the participants profiles and directory to be searchable, but only once logged in - i.e. not publicly visible but searchable to logged in users/participants. (Your capabilities for users to reach out to each other is part of why I'm looking at CB.) I'd like to be able to have some control over the fields that I set up initially so that I can customize the typical available and required fields. I'd also like as far as possible the pages/profiles to take on the CSS of the template, or get fairly close to it, as this component/directory will only be a small part of the site and I don't want this portion of the site to look out of step with the rest of the site. I've not seen information about the extent to which CB will use the Joomla template CSS. The template I'm leaning towards using is the Studio template by Joomlashack. The site will be set up in 2.5. Could you let me know if Community Builder would be a good fit for this section of the site and address the other questions, including the look of CB sites and the extent to which they adopt the site CSS?

Thanks,

Norman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon