Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Migrating from Jomsocial to CB

11 years 3 months ago #230299 by ryandenver
Migrating from Jomsocial to CB was created by ryandenver
Greetings

I'm considering a move from JomSocial to CB due to the lack of flexibility and lack of support in the JomSocial platform. I know that you can extract the profile data and use a 3rd part component to import it into CB. However, I don't want to lose private messages or profile images that are tied to users (I have 30,000+ members with long histories spanning a decade). Is there a way to do this via a component or if not, do you know of any companies/developers that might do this type of one off work?

Thanks,

Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #230311 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Migrating from Jomsocial to CB

ryandenver wrote: Greetings

I'm considering a move from JomSocial to CB due to the lack of flexibility and lack of support in the JomSocial platform. I know that you can extract the profile data and use a 3rd part component to import it into CB. However, I don't want to lose private messages or profile images that are tied to users (I have 30,000+ members with long histories spanning a decade). Is there a way to do this via a component or if not, do you know of any companies/developers that might do this type of one off work?

Thanks,

Ryan

Unfortunately there is no migration tool for such data.
Someone would need to do the migration manually (maybe using database queries).
I guess you can get a developer on freelancing sites to do this (paid project).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon