Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Conditional Use Case Question

11 years 3 months ago #230451 by Winston Baccus
CB Conditional Use Case Question was created by Winston Baccus
Started looking closely at CB today to use as a directory for a school website.

I get that you can hide certain fields using CB Conditional by hiding one group's fields from another.

But I'm wanting to hide a field like home address from a group, not a field that is specific to a group.

Example:

Every user will have a Home Phone Number entry.

But I want to hide the Home Phone Number of people in my Special level from folks in the Registered level, while still showing the Home Phone Number of other people who are in the Registered level.

That way, parents don't see faculty members' home phone numbers, only other parents, while faculty members can see all phone numbers.

Is this doable? Or would I need to create discrete fields for parents vs faculty?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 months ago #230452 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Conditional Use Case Question

Winston Baccus wrote: Started looking closely at CB today to use as a directory for a school website.

I get that you can hide certain fields using CB Conditional by hiding one group's fields from another.

But I'm wanting to hide a field like home address from a group, not a field that is specific to a group.

Example:

Every user will have a Home Phone Number entry.

But I want to hide the Home Phone Number of people in my Special level from folks in the Registered level, while still showing the Home Phone Number of other people who are in the Registered level.

That way, parents don't see faculty members' home phone numbers, only other parents, while faculty members can see all phone numbers.

Is this doable? Or would I need to create discrete fields for parents vs faculty?

Your use case can be accomplished with CBSubs by having parents subscribed to a parents plan and teachers to a teachers plan.

Then you can use the CBSubs fieldstabs protection plugin (included in CBSubs) to configure this use case.

Another possibility is to use Joomla ACL views on the tab that contains the fields - you should be able to do this with free CB.

CB Conditionals will not help you here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Winston Baccus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon