Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ACL control for CB plugins

• urbanguru
  • urbanguru
11 years 2 months ago #231440 by urbanguru
ACL control for CB plugins was created by urbanguru
Hello,

I am interested in CB Subs but I need to be very clear about something before I commit to purchasing it, especially since I have already spent a lot of time and money setting up OSE membership. The problem I am having with OSE Membership is that, while it's very good for controlling access to Joomla content and modules, it does not have the ability to control CB plugins and tabs. This is something I need very much to create this website I want. So please read carefully what I need from CB Subs and let me know if CB Subs does this exact thing.

What I need is to be able to offer access to certain CB plugins for my business level members so they can add them to their profiles. However, and this is very important, I want all registered members to see these plugins on the Business members profiles. Right now, CB only offers the ability to turn on/off the visibility to all members of a certain user group. This is not what I want. I want to control Access and Visibility separately from each other, so all members of any level can see it, but only members of a certain user level can have access to the CB plugin to add it to their profile. Is this possible with CB Subs or perhaps a part of the new version of CB that is coming out? Please let me know ASAP as I want to purchase this immediately if it will give me what I'm looking for. Thanks! Also, please see attachment so you can better see what I am looking for.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 months ago #231488 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ACL control for CB plugins
Yes, that's doable with CBSubs using its CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin. You can protect the tab so the profile owner has to be a Business member for example yet still let it display to everyone else as you can have separate owner and view subscription access permission for fields and tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon