Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs

11 years 2 months ago #231534 by tpascubarat
CBSubs was created by tpascubarat
We are looking to purchase CBSubs, but cannot seem to get enough information to support the decision. Our concerns are

Can CBSubs:

1 - Be setup to initiate recurring billing
2 - Allow for both shipping and billing information. For instance, the billing information will be hidden unless the custom clicks on the mandatory selector asking if the shipping address is the same as the billing address. If they say no, the billing address form will populate with the shipping information or just not appear altogether.
3 - If a customer decides to cancel the subscription, what mechanism do the ext. provide?

Lastly, this is just an assumption, but I am assuming that I can do away with the Joomla login mod and use CB instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 months ago #231547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs

1 - Be setup to initiate recurring billing

If your plans are configured for it and your gateway of choice supports it then yes. PayPal for example allows recurring payments.

2 - Allow for both shipping and billing information. For instance, the billing information will be hidden unless the custom clicks on the mandatory selector asking if the shipping address is the same as the billing address. If they say no, the billing address form will populate with the shipping information or just not appear altogether.

No, CBSubs is a digital subscription system. It does have Invoice Address though.

3 - If a customer decides to cancel the subscription, what mechanism do the ext. provide?

Don't understand the question. The user can cancel anytime they like.

Lastly, this is just an assumption, but I am assuming that I can do away with the Joomla login mod and use CB instead.

When using CB the CB Login module is a requirement.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #231552 by tpascubarat
Replied by tpascubarat on topic CBSubs
Our payment gateway is Authorize.net

Regarding the shipping address, we sell a coffee/tea subscription. So we have to have a place to physically mail the item. I have a development team. Will they be able to modify the code to allow for a separate shipping address?

As for cancellation, what does the customer have to do to cancel?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 months ago #231555 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs

Our payment gateway is Authorize.net

As long as ARB and Silent Post are configured you can use recurring with Authorize.net. Please note with Authorize.net your site needs to be completely PCI compliant with an SSL cert, etc..

Regarding the shipping address, we sell a coffee/tea subscription. So we have to have a place to physically mail the item. I have a development team. Will they be able to modify the code to allow for a separate shipping address?

You don't need to modify the code. Just create some CB fields within CB > Field Management for them to supply a shipping address. The invoice address is the billing address so this would give you both sets of address like you're wanting.

As for cancellation, what does the customer have to do to cancel?

Click the unsubscribe button then click the confirm button on the unsubscribe confirmation page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #231562 by tpascubarat
Replied by tpascubarat on topic CBSubs
Thank you. We will do that and see how it works out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon