Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Link files to users for admin management.

• srcuervo
  • srcuervo
11 years 1 month ago #232465 by srcuervo
I'm looking into implementing CB and CBsubs in the Mexican chapter of Mensa. As far as I've read it covers all of our needs except I haven't found any info on file linking.

The way we work is we accept users based on their IQ score, so in order to apply for membership they need to submit an exam or present ours. In any case we need to be able to link a private photo of the exam(so that only the admins and the member in question can see it) to the user's profile and based on the result of it invite him to become a member and pay membership dues or not. The exam will not necessarily be uploaded by the user, if they present our exam then the person administering the exam or maybe another admin would be the one uploading it and linking it to the users profile.

I've only found a way to link public photos to users that they themselves upload.

Can we do this with CB or CBsubs?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 month ago #232481 by nant

srcuervo wrote: I'm looking into implementing CB and CBsubs in the Mexican chapter of Mensa. As far as I've read it covers all of our needs except I haven't found any info on file linking.

The way we work is we accept users based on their IQ score, so in order to apply for membership they need to submit an exam or present ours. In any case we need to be able to link a private photo of the exam(so that only the admins and the member in question can see it) to the user's profile and based on the result of it invite him to become a member and pay membership dues or not. The exam will not necessarily be uploaded by the user, if they present our exam then the person administering the exam or maybe another admin would be the one uploading it and linking it to the users profile.

I've only found a way to link public photos to users that they themselves upload.

Can we do this with CB or CBsubs?

Thanks for your help.

With CB File field plugin and privacy plugin you can configure file upload fields that are private to profile owners and CB Moderators.

• srcuervo
  • srcuervo
11 years 1 month ago #232528 by srcuervo
Replied by srcuervo on topic Link files to users for admin management.
Excellent.
Thank you very much for your help, this pretty much wraps up the decision on what system to use.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon