Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can CB do the following?

• denmac
  • denmac
11 years 1 month ago #232474 by denmac
Can CB do the following? was created by denmac
Hi There,

I need some help with selecting which extensions would work best for doing the following job I have to do!

The website is to provide a platform to remotely mentor someone via automated weekly videos and discussion questions. The mentor and clients progress can be monitored by the mentors company.

Mentor Needs to be able to
Add new clients easily via having new client join through facebook or email address.
Create meetings with Client
Message Client through the CB and with email notification.
View clients progress (has client viewed videos and received messages)
When registering needs to belong to a company that is already in the database system (this is optional)

Client needs to be able to
login in to app
view automated weekly videos (hosted on the server or youtube)
send and receive messages from mentor
create and confirm appointments.
be able to upgrade from client to mentor, if current mentor allows and still receive client training

Company
Needs to be able to view stats from website to see how the mentor and the clients are doing.

I understand that I might need to have a couple of extensions to make this all work. I have looked through the extensions in Joomla and I am having a hard time coming up with anything, so your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #232595 by LearnThingsAfrica
Replied by LearnThingsAfrica on topic Can CB do the following?
Use the following extensions;

CB, CB Professional if you need to charge either mentors or mentees, Uddeim messenger, Yootheme Zoo CCK, Zoolanders All in One Package, Ras Labs Zoo Extensions -> get the Author Plugin, Submission Element and Parent Element. That will sort you out -> Good Luck.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 month ago #232601 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Can CB do the following?

denmac wrote: Hi There,

I need some help with selecting which extensions would work best for doing the following job I have to do!

The website is to provide a platform to remotely mentor someone via automated weekly videos and discussion questions. The mentor and clients progress can be monitored by the mentors company.

Mentor Needs to be able to
Add new clients easily via having new client join through facebook or email address.
Create meetings with Client
Message Client through the CB and with email notification.
View clients progress (has client viewed videos and received messages)
When registering needs to belong to a company that is already in the database system (this is optional)

Client needs to be able to
login in to app
view automated weekly videos (hosted on the server or youtube)
send and receive messages from mentor
create and confirm appointments.
be able to upgrade from client to mentor, if current mentor allows and still receive client training

Company
Needs to be able to view stats from website to see how the mentor and the clients are doing.

I understand that I might need to have a couple of extensions to make this all work. I have looked through the extensions in Joomla and I am having a hard time coming up with anything, so your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Some things can be done, some you would need extra extensions and some you might need to alter your initial workflow process.

Some info that might help you find the pieces to your use case puzzle:

+ check out GroupJive, a group ownder can communicate )via email or PMS/uddeIM) with the group members and can even have private forum areas for group members only (using kunena)
+ CB Connect will allow your users to register using their facebook credentials
+ CB has a video field plugin, but I think you would need something more for your use case
+ No appointment handling in CB, you would need some other extension for this
+ if you need to charge and have subscriptions you might want to look into CBSubs

Sorry I could not be of more help - nothing out of the box that will handle this - as you have guessed you would need to use multiple extensions to get as close as possible.

• denmac
  • denmac
11 years 1 month ago #232677 by denmac
Replied by denmac on topic Can CB do the following?
Hi Africa,

Thank you for your reply!

How would this all be glued together? Like what would Zoo do? What part of Zoo would I need?

11 years 1 month ago #232687 by LearnThingsAfrica
Replied by LearnThingsAfrica on topic Can CB do the following?
CB Professional ->

1.Handles your Users, Different types of accounts, profiles and user rights i.e. Mentor Profile, Mentee Profile, Staff e.t.c
2. Handles your social network integration

CB Subs ->

1. Makes things easier by giving you more power in the above
2. Handles payments in case you charge people

Uddeim ->

1. Handles messages
2. Email and PMS notifications

Yootheme Zoo -> you can pull it off with the free version but get the full version cos you will need the support

1. Forms the basis for the rest of your functionality

Zoolanders All in One Package -> This extends zoo to be able to meet your needs

1. Takes care of your videos - mediapro
2. Takes care of meetings - events app
3. Takes care of your stats - zootrack

Ras Labs -> Also Extends Zoo

1. Allows you to manage appointments videos e.t.c by viewing a mentor so for example I have a video I think applies to this mentee or I want a meeting with this mentor I got to that persons profile and click a button and arrange a meeting - sounds simple but in terms of Zoo config you need those Ras Labs elements to get that to work

TIPS -> Use the Zoo Item Pro module to filter users items e.g. videos, appointments, etc it will save you ages

Buy CB Subs the extra $ is worth the time you save because instead of doing extensive config of CB Fields Tabs Conditional to create different profile types you can just create 2 different plans for mentors and mentees.

Buy widgetkit it will make configuring your Zoo and Zoolanders elements a lot easier in terms of getting them to look good and display well

Take a look at Tigracon.com they have an extension called social boards for Zoo you might want to use that for your mentee experience as it allows creating circles, following mentors and pinning (as in pin interest) items like videos, documents and so on. Tigracon also has better video and audio player separation than Zoolanders but it will cost you.

Also maybe wait for the new Yootheme template for next month to come out or if you intend on using a completely customized look get someone to customize yoo nano 3 from yootheme to your look - this is because it has ui kit built in and will display your zoo very well as zoo comes with ui kit templates.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST FREE ADVICE - There are many ways to skin a cat but thats how I would do it

Don't forget to get akeeba back up, sh404sef and admin tools - install these on every Joomla website you ever build and ps thank me later
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon