Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs - Before I buy it

• dannette
  • dannette
11 years 1 month ago #234038 by dannette
CBSubs - Before I buy it was created by dannette
We have a site we need to upgrade. We are currently having them register outside of Joomla and adding them directly to database and renewing them the same way.
This is what we need:
Choice of quarterly (3 months-new subscriptions cost $10 more than renewal), annual (renews at same price) and ARB (monthly payments) - all with Authorize.net.
Now here is the hard part: Every paid account comes with a "free partner" account. So every payment allows 2 registrations. Is this possible with CBSubs?

Dannette Voorhis
Total Production, Inc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 weeks ago #234373 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs - Before I buy it

dannette wrote: We have a site we need to upgrade. We are currently having them register outside of Joomla and adding them directly to database and renewing them the same way.
This is what we need:
Choice of quarterly (3 months-new subscriptions cost $10 more than renewal), annual (renews at same price) and ARB (monthly payments) - all with Authorize.net.
Now here is the hard part: Every paid account comes with a "free partner" account. So every payment allows 2 registrations. Is this possible with CBSubs?

Hi and sorry for the delay in responding.

The best solution I can propose is to use the buil-in CBSubs SQL query integration to automatically generate a new promotion coupon code that can be used only once and guves user a 100% discount for a new purchase of a specific plan subscription.

The coupon code can be automatically generated and emailed to the purchaser so they can share with the potential new free subscriber.

• dannette
  • dannette
11 years 3 weeks ago #234395 by dannette
Replied by dannette on topic CBSubs - Before I buy it
Is there a way to make this second free account expire the same time as the paid account it's tied to? Are they actually tied together? That's what we need to have. Maybe you have instructions on how to make a plugin to do this? Also, can this "coupon" be automatically generated only when a totally new registration and subscription is made and update the free account when they renew the paid account? The two need to be tied together in this way.

Dannette Voorhis
Total Production, Inc.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 3 weeks ago #234431 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs - Before I buy it

dannette wrote: Is there a way to make this second free account expire the same time as the paid account it's tied to?

You can program the promotion to expire on a specific date.

[/quote]
Are they actually tied together?
[/quote]

No they are not.

That's what we need to have
Maybe you have instructions on how to make a plugin to do this?

All code is open, so you or your developers can study existing code and use as basis for this plugin.

Also, can this "coupon" be automatically generated only when a totally new registration and subscription is made and update the free account when they renew the paid account? The two need to be tied together in this way.

Someone would have to code this - sorry nothing like this is built in.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon