Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Certain specific pre-sales questions

11 years 3 weeks ago #234331 by Judah Raine
Certain specific pre-sales questions was created by Judah Raine
Hi there, I have run a trial on JomSocial and would like to do the same with CB, but before I purchase the subscription I need to know the following:

Groups - is it possible to categorize groups, and to put them in multiple categories? e.g. my site is in essence a library, and authors may write in different genres. They may wish to start a group for their particular books which may fit into a variety of genres, e.g. historical paranormal comedy. All three would be a category, but an author group may wish to fit in all three categores.

Url links - I have noticed that Jomsocial only displays urls as links on the wall if the post is created on the wall, i.e. if it is created in the video module the link displays on the wall but as plain text. As authors use url links all the time, this is a critical failure for me.

html tags are "forbidden" in the activity stream. This is limiting to say the least.

I will no doubt think of a few more but I would appreciate it if you could respond to the above as a matter of urgency. I need to make a decision and have the site active by the end of the weekend if possible.

Thank you for your assistance,
Jude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #234479 by Judah Raine
Replied by Judah Raine on topic Certain specific pre-sales questions
Oh well, I suppose no response answers the questions just as well... :) As pre-sales questions set the tone for the level of support that can be expected, it would be foolish to rush out an purchase when even these don't get replies.

Pity.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 weeks ago #234483 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Certain specific pre-sales questions

Judah Raine wrote: Oh well, I suppose no response answers the questions just as well... :) As pre-sales questions set the tone for the level of support that can be expected, it would be foolish to rush out an purchase when even these don't get replies.

Pity.

Hi, sorry we are not around during weekends - so when you post on a Friday you should allow some time for response.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 weeks ago #234484 by nant

Judah Raine wrote: Hi there, I have run a trial on JomSocial and would like to do the same with CB, but before I purchase the subscription I need to know the following:

I will address below ...

Groups - is it possible to categorize groups, and to put them in multiple categories? e.g. my site is in essence a library, and authors may write in different genres. They may wish to start a group for their particular books which may fit into a variety of genres, e.g. historical paranormal comedy. All three would be a category, but an author group may wish to fit in all three categores.

GroupJive has categories and groups. Each group belongs to one category - sorry no cross category groups feature exists.

Url links - I have noticed that Jomsocial only displays urls as links on the wall if the post is created on the wall, i.e. if it is created in the video module the link displays on the wall but as plain text. As authors use url links all the time, this is a critical failure for me.

I cannot comment on other systems.
You can see a sample of our activity stream here:
cbqspro.cbdemosites.com/

11 years 2 weeks ago #234486 by Judah Raine
Replied by Judah Raine on topic Certain specific pre-sales questions
Hi there, I'm not asking you to comment on other components. :) I'm asking if your component has the capability that the other one does not.

Many thanks,

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 weeks ago #234489 by nant

Judah Raine wrote: Hi there, I'm not asking you to comment on other components. :) I'm asking if your component has the capability that the other one does not.

Many thanks,

GroupJive wall has such a setting.

Main activity stream I believe strips HTML but code is open and you can modify if you want.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon