Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Generate random username at signup - auto actions plugin?

• OldLodgeSkins
  • OldLodgeSkins
  • Add-ons
11 years 1 week ago #235062 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

I have a client who wants to have random usernames generated at signup - actually what he really wants are random profile URLs to prevent anyone from guessing a member's profile address, so having random usernames should do that.

So right now I'm looking for a solution to do this, and do it properly, i.e. without modifying some core files like I did a couple of years ago when I needed to do precisely the same thing... I'm thinking the auto actions plugin would allow me to do that, but I'd like a confirmation please.

Thanks.

Seb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 week ago #235071 by nant

OldLodgeSkins wrote: Hi,

I have a client who wants to have random usernames generated at signup - actually what he really wants are random profile URLs to prevent anyone from guessing a member's profile address, so having random usernames should do that.

So right now I'm looking for a solution to do this, and do it properly, i.e. without modifying some core files like I did a couple of years ago when I needed to do precisely the same thing... I'm thinking the auto actions plugin would allow me to do that, but I'd like a confirmation please.

Thanks.

Seb.

Yup, you can do this with auto action.

• OldLodgeSkins
  • OldLodgeSkins
  • Add-ons
10 years 11 months ago #235447 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

Sorry I've been a little long to reply...
I've just taken my Pro subscription and I'll be getting into this soon. Thanks for confirming.

Seb.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon