Skip to Content Skip to Menu

controlling member profile privileges

• svillegas
  • svillegas
11 years 5 days ago #235173 by svillegas
controlling member profile privileges was created by svillegas
I am building a community website in which I'd like to have different levels of membership (free vs. paid), and I want to assign them different privileges and access rights. Sounds simple enough, and from what I've read, I should be able to do that with CBSubs, right?

The tricky part, which I'm less sure of, is whether I can control users' rights regarding their own profiles? I only want paying members to have profiles, so that they are essentially paying for their listings as advertisements of themselves. All other site access will be essentially the same. Can this be controlled with CBSubs?

In the features list it mentions ACL control, which I imagine relates only to the rest of the site content, but it does also mention control over profile display...

[OR... If I can't prevent all members from having profiles entirely, can I at least limit what fields they include (e.g. username, location, profession)?]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 days ago #235210 by nant
Replied by nant on topic controlling member profile privileges

svillegas wrote: I am building a community website in which I'd like to have different levels of membership (free vs. paid), and I want to assign them different privileges and access rights. Sounds simple enough, and from what I've read, I should be able to do that with CBSubs, right?

Right

The tricky part, which I'm less sure of, is whether I can control users' rights regarding their own profiles? I only want paying members to have profiles, so that they are essentially paying for their listings as advertisements of themselves. All other site access will be essentially the same. Can this be controlled with CBSubs?

CBSubs GPL has a tabsfieldsprotection integration plugin that you can use to control which fields/tabs are available to users based on their subscriptions.

In the features list it mentions ACL control, which I imagine relates only to the rest of the site content, but it does also mention control over profile display...

[OR... If I can't prevent all members from having profiles entirely, can I at least limit what fields they include (e.g. username, location, profession)?]

See previous response - CBSubs tabsfieldsprotection plugin should do the trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon