Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Controlling provider client relations

• tonydavis
  • tonydavis
11 years 2 days ago #235376 by tonydavis
Controlling provider client relations was created by tonydavis
I am building a tutor site.

Apart from admins and financial managers there are two important groups - tutors and students.

For each of these groups I would like to construct distinct profiles - qualifications etc for tutors, educational needs and goals for students.

Once a relationship is established a tutor may 'release' prepared material to a student by making it accessible from the student's home page. The prepared material will comprise generally available material and tutor specific material.

For each student they are working with a chat option will allow conversations between the two of them not visible to anyone else.

There will be other parts, such as making appointments, creating and managing schedules, taking payment, which I believe will be independent of CB but can CB and its additions provide the above requirement?

Thank you for your help

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 day ago #235392 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Controlling provider client relations
See comments below ...

tonydavis wrote: I am building a tutor site.

Apart from admins and financial managers there are two important groups - tutors and students.

If by groups you mean Joomla ACL groups, you need to do this from Joomla administrative panel.

For each of these groups I would like to construct distinct profiles - qualifications etc for tutors, educational needs and goals for students.

Two ways you can do this:

Use CBSubs GPL to create a student plan and a tutor plan (subscriptions can be free or paid if you want).

With CBSubs you can configure which fields appear in each subscription.
You can also configure which subscribers see which profile tabs/fields.
So for example you might choose to not allow tutors to see other tutors students, etc.

You can also de something similar with CB Conditionals plugin (available for Professional members).

Once a relationship is established a tutor may 'release' prepared material to a student by making it accessible from the student's home page. The prepared material will comprise generally available material and tutor specific material.

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by relationship established.
I also do not understand what you mean by student's home page.

Sounds like you need some kind of project management application to handle this part of your use case.

For each student they are working with a chat option will allow conversations between the two of them not visible to anyone else.

We do not offer a chat feature. I believe th JED has some chat extensions though - you can search there.

There will be other parts, such as making appointments, creating and managing schedules, taking payment, which I believe will be independent of CB but can CB and its additions provide the above requirement?

Thank you for your help

Tony

Yup this part sounds like a project management extension you need.

• tonydavis
  • tonydavis
10 years 11 months ago #235427 by tonydavis
Replied by tonydavis on topic Controlling provider client relations
Thank you Nick

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by relationship established.
I also do not understand what you mean by student's home page.

The relationship is the link for work purposes between a student and a tutor.
Any tutor would expect to tutor several students.
Any student might have more than one tutor.

I anticipate a tutor referring to a document accessible on line so that the student may work on it - homework if you will. Rather than making this resource publicly accessible it would be available to the student in some (relatively) secure way; perhaps a public document which can only be accessed with a provided password.

The connection between student, tutor and document will be created perhaps through a comment section on the student's personal page. Or perhaps you could recommend some other mechanism.

Thank you for your help

Tony D

• nant
  • nant
10 years 11 months ago #235431 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Controlling provider client relations
Thinking that for your use case you might want to look at some additional extensions maybe like moodle.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon