Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A few presale questions

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #235929 by pixeldiele
A few presale questions was created by pixeldiele
Hi,

we intend to purchase a professional membership but have to clear some questions first to give a some feedback to our client. It's ok, if not everything can be done with CB but it would be nice if you can give us hints like "you can use CB plugin xy for this" or "just add a joomla article and link it to xyz in CB" ... :)

At first some information about our project requirements:
- Building a directory of network partners, where members are able to maintain their own profiles (this should be no problem I guess ;) )
- Integrate a forum that can be accessed by the members
- Integrate an internal messaging system
- Members can insert their examples of their projects / work, something like a portfolio with text and images.
- The site should contain a full members list and a full project list (different menu items). A Project-Page should desrcibe a recent work and should also be linked to the CB member. Each member can insert several projects.
- CB Profiles should be limited to public, full information just for members.

Here are my questions:
1) Is it possible to show a public profile that shows limited information like conly ompany name + weblink and the same profile is full length visible with all other information for registered users (maybe with the privacy plugin?)?

2) How could we make portfolio, a project page. For example: User X has done project Y. There should be a list with all projects of all members and if I find and click on project Y, I see a single project page that is maintaind by user X and has also the link to user X. Each user should be able to maintain several projects. (Is there some kind of portfolio plugin or must this be solve with regular Joomla articles?)

3) Is it possible to put out a userlist or a projectlist with an A-Z Index like this page -> www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory ?

I'm looking forward for your answers,
kind regards,
Bjoern
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by pixeldiele.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 11 months ago #235953 by nant
Replied by nant on topic A few presale questions

pixeldiele wrote: Hi,

we intend to purchase a professional membership but have to clear some questions first to give a some feedback to our client. It's ok, if not everything can be done with CB but it would be nice if you can give us hints like "you can use CB plugin xy for this" or "just add a joomla article and link it to xyz in CB" ... :)

At first some information about our project requirements:
- Building a directory of network partners, where members are able to maintain their own profiles (this should be no problem I guess ;) )
- Integrate a forum that can be accessed by the members
- Integrate an internal messaging system
- Members can insert their examples of their projects / work, something like a portfolio with text and images.
- The site should contain a full members list and a full project list (different menu items). A Project-Page should desrcibe a recent work and should also be linked to the CB member. Each member can insert several projects.
- CB Profiles should be limited to public, full information just for members.

Here are my questions:
1) Is it possible to show a public profile that shows limited information like conly ompany name + weblink and the same profile is full length visible with all other information for registered users (maybe with the privacy plugin?)?

2) How could we make portfolio, a project page. For example: User X has done project Y. There should be a list with all projects of all members and if I find and click on project Y, I see a single project page that is maintaind by user X and has also the link to user X. Each user should be able to maintain several projects. (Is there some kind of portfolio plugin or must this be solve with regular Joomla articles?)

3) Is it possible to put out a userlist or a projectlist with an A-Z Index like this page -> www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/directory ?

I'm looking forward for your answers,
kind regards,
Bjoern

Hi and thanks for posting.

Please see following thoughts based on your use case description:

+ forum integration for Kunena is built-into CB
+ private messaging for uddeIM is built-into CB
+ Members posting projects could be simulated using CB Blogs and allow each member to post a new blog for each of his projects. The blog can be stored as Joomla content and summarized in a cb blogs tab in each user profile. Each article can also have an author link taking people reading a blog/project article back to user profile.
+ user lists can be created with CB
+ CB profile tabs can be published public, registered, etc.
+ CB Privacy can also be used to limit viewing of profile tabs/fields

Answers to questions:

1. Yes using CB Tab group publish and/or CB privacy
2. If you store projects as Joomla articles you can use Joomla modules to list articles as you with.
3. Not really - you could use a directory extension for project storing. You might also consider looking at projectfork if you need better project management features for your projects (instead of just listing as blogs articles).

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pixeldiele

10 years 11 months ago #235955 by pixeldiele
Replied by pixeldiele on topic A few presale questions
yes it does! Thanks a lot!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon